This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

article by freelancer andrea augi

Coming up with your holiday wish list is one of the many exciting parts of this time of year. With the holiday season starting now, it’s time to start thinking about what gifts you want. Here are ten items you need to put on your holiday wish list this year. 

PJ Sets

Starting off strong with pajama sets: If you are the kind of person who loves to be cozy and stay home, then this is the perfect gift for you. During the holidays, comfortable pj sets are a must. Some of the best places to get cute looks for the holidays are LAKE Pajamas, PJ Salvage and Roller Rabbit.  

Candles

Candles are a classic holiday gift that bring warmth to any home. Scented candles like gingerbread and pine create a festive ambience. I always find the best candles from Bath & Body Works with exciting scents to choose from each holiday season.

UGGs

Uggs are always a big hit in the winter, and new designs each year make us want to add more Uggs to our closet. These comfortable shoes are a must for this holiday season. 

Disposable Camera

If you are looking to have better-quality photos, then this is definitely the gift for you. Disposable cameras have become very popular and hold nostalgic value. They can be purchased online or in-store from Amazon, Target and Walmart.

Gift Cards

Gift Cards make the best gifts for stocking stuffers. If you prefer to go out and buy your own presents, then you definitely need to put gift cards on your holiday wish list. Some of the best gift card ideas are Starbucks, Aerie, Lululemon, Target and so much more. 

Journals

If you love writing down your thoughts or want to get more into writing, then you need to ask for a journal. With the New Year quickly approaching, now is the time to create new habits, and this can start with journaling. Papier has some of the best journals to choose from. Journaling can be fun, therapeutic and help improve creative expression.

Headphones

Headphones are perfect if you love to go on hot girl walks or want to listen to your favorite podcasts. The most popular headphones right now are Apple AirPods Max, Bose Noise Canceling Headphones and Sony Wireless Headphones.

Body Care Products

If you are a big self-care person, then you definitely need body care products on your wish list. You can never go wrong with asking for the three-in-one shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath products from Philosophy. Their fun holiday fragrances are limited to the holiday season making them even more of a necessity on your list.  

Makeup

Everyone can always use an upgrade on their makeup and now is the perfect time to ask for fresh products. My favorite holiday makeup sets are the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Set and the Pillow Talk Blush and Glow Kit. You can get these items from your nearest Sephora!

Fuzzy Socks

You can never go wrong with a brand-new pair of fuzzy socks for the holiday season. Fuzzy socks make for a cozy and cheerful holiday gift. You can easily purchase a pair from Amazon or Target. They also make for the perfect stocking stuffers, and their softness and warmth are definitely appreciated during the chilly winter season.