This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

D.C’s alternative sounds take the stage.

Colored lights, a fresh autumn breeze, the set list never disappoints. All Things Go, D.C’s own music festival makes for the perfect weekend fun. Performers are filled with energy and excitement, making for a memorable event. Music ranges from alternative to EDM. They’ve had performers like Foster The People and Galantis playing in one night so even though it’s not a normal mix of artists, it’s easy for everyone to find something they like. 

All Things Go is a small music festival held each year in D.C’s own Union Market. Alongside wonderful performers — some whose songs you know by heart and others you wish you had heard of before — there’s a variety of great food available. Different vendors come from around D.C, setting up tents to sell food to the hungry festival goers.

The All Things Go Fall Classic is full of hidden gem artists you wish you had heard of before. Its small venue makes for the perfect intimate atmosphere, giving the audience a perfect close experience with the performer. Last year’s performers included Maggie Rogers, Billie Eilish, BØRNS, Carly Rae Jepson, and more.  

Photo by All Things Go on Facebook

This year on Oct. 12-13, CHVRCHES, LANY, Melanie Martinez, Olivia O’Brien, and more took the stage. Each one put on a performance like no other. Their different sounds one after another made each set distinct and memorable. 

My personal favorite set was LANY. The lights and a backdrop perfectly matched each song’s different vibe. Although each artist only has a limited amount of time on stage, a variety of songs were performed. With a range of songs from the “Kinda” EP to their latest album “Malibu Nights,” the audience was swept away and singing each song louder than the last. 

Photo by Paulina Duque

The lyrics to “Gun” and “Clearest Blue” echoed across the venue. The audience sang at the top of  their lungs and danced like no one was watching. CHVRCHES closed the show Saturday night, but it made for an unbelievable experience. 

Although next year’s lineup is yet to be announced, there’s no doubt it will be spectacular. The All Things Go Fall Classic is an experience you certainly don’t want to miss out on, the tickets are usually fairly cheap, and the event is absolutely priceless. Good food, excellent performers, a tight knit venue, it’s the perfect way to spend a weekend in D.C. 

Photo by All Things Go from Facebook

for a writer i'm pretty bad at writing about myself