This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Matt Angelico

Major: Bioengineering

Year: Senior

Hometown: Norfolk, Massachusetts

Are you single?

Yes, I am single.

Ready to mingle?

Sure, why not.

What is your biggest turn off?

I have two: bad breath and lack of self-awareness. So, people who text in the middle of sidewalks get under my skin.

Who is your celebrity crush?

I have two: the first one is Kate Mara because she’s wonderful. The second one is definitely Jennifer Aniston, because I am a huge “Friends” fan and I have fallen in love with her ever since that show.

What are you involved with on campus?

I’m involved in Terp Thon. I am the morale chair this year. I am also a student tour guide for Maryland Images. I was also an orientation advisor and I play on the Maryland quidditch team…so those occupy plenty of my time.

What is being on the Quidditch team like?

It’s interesting. It’s definitely not what I expected. I actually went to my first practice on a dare and I ended up loving it and stayed. Some of my closest friends are from the quidditch team and it keeps me in shape. It’s full contact; it’s a lot of fun, and definitely one of the most unique things I’ve ever done in my life.

What is your favorite thing about yourself?

Probably my wit. I like to think I’m very witty and like to think of clever jokes and puns, although sometimes I’m the only one laughing at my jokes. Nonetheless, I’d like to think I have a very strong wit.

What is something you wish you knew how to do?

I wish I knew how to dance. I’m the morale chair and I’m leading all of these dances and I wish I knew what I was doing. I wish I could either do hip-hop or some cool dance moves to either entertain myself when I’m bored or to know what I’m doing during these dance practices for Terp Thon.

What’s your favorite dance move?

Probably the Shmoney because that’s something very simple I think I can pull off in a social setting. Pull off is a very loose term there.  

Who was your first crush?

My first crush was actually a girl named Hillary in (I think) the third grade. It was my first year I played football (the only year I played football), but she was one of the cheerleaders. She was in my class in school and of course I never talked to her. Why would you when you have a crush in third grade? 

What is a weird habit you have you wouldn’t want anyone to know?

I listen only to Taylor Swift when I work out.

What is your ideal date?

We have to do something fun in the beginning. Have you ever been geocaching? It’s when there are these hidden idols all around the world and you find clues so something fun like that. Or we would go paintballing or something active like going on a hike. Then we go to dinner, obviously. It doesn’t have to be a nice place but somewhere you can definitely get a good meal. Then after that, ice cream. Got to have ice cream. I go to Cold Stone all the time, the original c-stone in College Park.

What do you look for in a significant other?

Definitely someone who has good wit, because I love joking around and if they can give it right back to me that is even better. Funny, outgoing, and kind of spontaneous like me. I don’t really have any set plans going into the weekend and I just see where things take me so I feel I would best click with someone who is the same way. Also, obviously someone who I think is attractive. That would be plenty. That would be the jackpot in my opinion.

Hey! My name is Jenna and I am a junior journalism major and art history minor at the University of Maryland. I am from New Jersey and love all things fashion and beauty. Find out more about me and see more of my writing on my blog http://jennariquelle.wordpress.com/