Lime: New Mexican Restaurant in College Park

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The new fresh Mexican grill Lime opened up October 12th, adding another restaurant to the plethora of food options here in College Park. Although it is just another restaurant, especially amongst the existing Chipotle and Qdoba, Lime offers a unique spin on Mexican food.

Similarly to both Chipotle and Qdoba, Lime is an order over the counter, sit down and enjoy your food type of place. The restaurant is divided into two sections, both the ordering and seating area on the right, and extra seating area on the left. Although the right seems to be more geared towards college students with its casualty as it plays popular music, the left side is much more quiet and private with several comfortable booths for sitting.

The modern feel of the restaurant is not the only thing that sets Lime apart from the other more familiar Mexican restaurants, but also the food in my opinion is much tastier. Despite the slightly higher prices of Lime, the quality of the meat is noticeably better, and it is apparent that the portion sizes are larger. And if that’s not enough, chips come free with several entrees on the menu unlike Chipotle or Qdoba, which charge a few extra dollars for chips.             

The menu has several authentic Mexican dishes, each with several different varieties to choose from. Their menu isn’t worried about offering fresh, sustainable or organic items, like the propagandist methods of Chipotle and Qdoda. It’s more focused on giving quality ingredients to make the food better tasting. They even offer low-fat or low-carb options like the South Beach Burrito or the Lower Carb Taco.

Next time you’re craving Mexican, I would suggest opting out of standing in the outrageously long line in Chipotle or save a far trip out to Qdoba, and stop into Lime. Not only is the food great, but the atmosphere makes the experience all the better. They even offer happy hour with two-dollar tacos, two-dollar Mexican beer, and three-dollar margaritas and sangria!