This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Name: Khalil Pettus
Hometown: Clinton, MD
Major: Finance & Accounting
Year: Sophomore
Relationship Status: Single

Interests/Campus Activities: Rising Business Leaders (Founder/President), Smith Undergraduate Student Association (SUSA), DuBois Honor Society, Basketball, LAKERS (AKA The Best Team, Ever)

What are you looking for in a girlfriend: A wise man once told me, “I’m not saying, I’m requesting perfection—but I just need a woman who’ll make it all worth it…”

Turn Ons: Natural Beauty—I’m not a big fan of makeup; I believe that true beauty is the ultimate appeal

Turn Offs: Insecurity, Smoking, Being Disingenuous

Things you can’t live without: My mother and grandmother, because they’re the ladies of my life, candy for my sweet tooth, and faith—because you have to believe in something

What’s the most played song on your iPod: Trust Issues-Drake

Where would you take a girl you liked on a date: I prefer it to be something spontaneous, I think too many people focus on the ideal location, rather than the person. To me, if I’m with the right person, any place can be the perfect date.

Three Words to Describe Yourself: Driven, Hardworking and Charming

Favorite Memory of UMD: Founding Rising Business Leaders; I put a lot of work in it, and it was good to see all of the hard work pay off.

Celebrity Crush: In no particular order: Taylor Swift, Emilia Clarke, and Kate Upton.

Photo Credit: Mia Simon