Justin Edelman ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Justin Edelman

Hometown: Robbinsville, NJ

Major: Government and Politics

Year: Freshman

Relationship Status: Single

Three words to describe yourself:

Friendly, competitive and honest

Campus Involvement:

I am a Maryland Images Campus Tour Guide, an intramural soccer player, an SGA representative, a Catholic Terp, and associate of the CIVICUS Living and Learning Program.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Settling down with a career I love, in a house close to the beach, with an awesome dog, and hopefully a beautiful wife.

If money was no object, what’s your dream job?

First, a news anchor, and after that, a professional golfer.

Celebrity Crushes:

Kate Upton, Jennifer Aniston and Carrie Underwood

Favorite Foods:

Steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and pizza, but at separate times of course.

Hobbies:

Playing basketball, golfing, running, and going to the beach, just to name a few.

What do you look for in a girl?

A pretty face goes a long way for me. I like girls that look happy and healthy. I like someone who likes to have fun, especially outdoors. She should also be smart and have her own goals and aspirations. 

What’s the first thing you notice about a girl?

First thing is probably her hair, followed by her smile, followed by her eyes.

Where would you take a girl on a first date in College Park?

I’d take her to Noodles, or maybe Ledo’s, and go for a walk around campus afterward.

Best UMD Memories:

Storming the court after the Virginia game, swimming in ODK fountain, and giving my first campus tour.

Best piece of life advice?

Don’t sweat the small things and stay focused on the big picture. Always work hard, do the things that make you happy and make sure you let the people in your life know how much they mean to you.