This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Javier ‘Javi’ Scott

Year: Junior

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Relationship Status: SINGLE

Dream Job: Television & Radio Host/Personality

Campus Involvement: Sketchup (writer & performer), Orientation Advisor (OA), RA, Visitor Center Associate

I understand you are a member of Sketchup. Can you tell me a little about that Yup, Sketchup is a Sketch comedy group at the University of Maryland. We perform the type of comedy that you see on SNL and KEY & PEELE. We write and perform our own material. We are currently comprised of 16 members, three stage managers and 13 performers.

How do you come up with ideas for sketches? I come up with ideas from everywhere! I draw inspiration from the things I see around me. I like to say that I “write from what I know.” I just take real life experiences and thoughts, add a few characters here and there, put in a pinch of comedic flare and voila!

Do you have any weird things you do to get ready for a show? Nope, not that I know of.

Favorite thing about Sketchup? The people, they are great! They are also kinda funny.

Best pick up line? Haha, I have so many! One of my favorites is hello my name is Javi, but you can call me tonight! **winks**. With that being said, I was once told that the best pick up line I could use is, hey it’s nice to meet you, my name is Javi, what’s yours? I guess you can’t go wrong there.

Little known fact about you? I once modeled for a science text book! True story. I was one of those kids that demonstrates an experiment. I did a photo shoot for the pendulum experiment.

Favorite place to eat in College Park?  I can always get down with Noodles and Co. Some buttered Noodles with double shrimp. YUM! Simple, but delicious.

Biggest pet peeve? That’s a good question. I like to think that I am a fairly tolerant person. Although if I were to say anything, I would say being rude. Sometimes an attitude is just not necessary, and I think people should be treated with respect.

What song best describes you? This is a tough, there are so many. I would probably say either “Geek in the pink” by Jason Mraz or “The Glory” by Kanye West.

Dream date? With you of course! Haha. I would say probably grabbing a bite to eat at a place with a relaxed atmosphere and then go for a walk, and then find a spot to watch the sunset. But, if it’s too cold for that, a hot pizza and a NETFLIX movie ain’t a bad deal either.