Holiday Lookbook: Show Off Your Style for Every Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Fall semester has come to an end as finals start to wrap up and it’s time to start packing for home! As you start filling your bags, it occurs to you that you do not have anything worthy to wear for the holidays. Seeing family and friends for the first time since you left for the school year is an exciting time. Dressing to impress is important, but don’t panic just yet! With my holiday look book I will provide you with looks for every holiday occasion for this winter break. Of course these looks will not only be pleasing to the eye, they will also be pleasing to your wallet.

Christmas Eve

A beautifully draped top in either crisp white or a festive red looks darling when paired with a bold statement necklace. Worn with black skinny jeans and black boots this outfit goes from simple to chic in a matter of seconds.

Top: Forever21 $12.80

Necklaces from left to right from Forever21 $17.80$12.80; $10.80

Boots: Charlotte Russe- buckled and over-the-knee $49

Dressy Christmas Dinner

For many, Christmas dinner is a special occasion involving dresses and heels. This floral lace red dress paired with sheer black stockings and topped off with a silver statement necklace exudes perfection. Faux suede heels or flats can be paired with this outfit depending on which is most comfortable.

Dress: Forever21 $27.80

Faux suede flats: Forever21 $19.90

Faux suede heels: Forever21 $29.80

Necklace: Forever21 $14.90

Casual Christmas Dinner

Although Christmas dinner tends to be a very important celebration, many families keep it casual. With this warm cable knit oatmeal sweater, sparking with a low hanging pendant necklace, and assorted rings. Matched with dark wash jeans and tall black or deep brown boots, you’re sure to be cozy at the dinner table.

Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters $39.95

Sweater: American Eagle Outfitters $39.95

Necklace: Forever21 $10.90

Rings: Forever21 $5.90

Meeting the Parents

Spending time with your significant other around the holidays means you’re bound to meet the parents if you haven’t already. Keep calm and carry on with a cozy cardigan paired with a dazzling necklace or pair of earrings. If you’re not sure whether or not the meeting is casual or slightly dressy wear black skinny jeans, they can make any top look sophisticated without even trying.  

Sweater: Charlotte Russe $32.99

Jeans: Charlotte Russe $32.99

Necklace: Forever21 $4.90

Boots: Forever21 $39.90

New Years Eve

Time to ring in the New Year in style of course! Whether you choose a classic little black dress and play it up with accessories. Or a number that has you sparkling from head to toe, your outfit will make this New Year a memorable one.

Ring: Forever21 $5.90

Black dress: Boohoo $30

Silver heels: Charlotte Russe $42.99

Necklace: Forever21 $20.90

Sequin dress: Boohoo $44

Ring set: Forever21 $3.80

Black suede peep-toe heels: Forever21 $29.80

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.