david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween: Then and Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Then: Your mom usually tried to coordinate your costume with your sibling. (or even your pets)

Now: You coordinate costumes with your roommates, friends, and significant others!

Then: You dressed up like witches, superheroes, movie characters, devil, angel, clown, etc.

Now: You might be dressing up as the same characters, but with a different edge.

Then: You made your costumes very elaborate.

Now: Anything can pass for a costume & DIY is your best friend!

Then: Trick-or-treating after school and all candy was collected by bedtime at 9pm.

Now: You’re getting ready for the pregame at 9pm.

Then: Halloween was one magical night of the year.Now: “Halloweekend” is a most appropriate name for the holiday (maybe even Hallo-week?)

Then: You were super pumped about your one costume and wore that one to school, trick-or-treating, and any other Halloween parties. (and you worked it!)Now: You would rather drop dead than have someone see you in the same costume on Thursday and Friday night.

Then: Halloweentown was your favorite Halloween movie.

Now: You love Halloweentown even more than when you were little.

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.