Style > Beauty

Glazed Donut Skin: A Full Review of Rhode’s Peptide Glazing Fluid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Article by Lily Park

After months of trying to get my hands on any product of Hailey Bieber’s new skincare line, Rhode Skin, I was finally able to track down a specific time of the drop and prepare accordingly before they all sold out. I was most intrigued to get the peptide glazing fluid as it is marketed as “Hailey’s recipe for glazed donut skin.”

All over social media the past few months, the term “Glazed Donut” has become quite a popular one. From describing chrome colored nails to the famous dewey look that Hailey always seems to have, it is clear that it is a look people are trying to achieve. 

Hailey’s signature is a sleek, little to no makeup look that highlights her flawless skin and gives the “glow from within” look. Naturally, I instantly fell for their marketing and purchased the peptide glazing fluid, in hopes of getting a fraction of the hydration Hailey has. Here is a full review based on the following factors: feeling, results, price and final review. 

Feeling

The formula is extremely lightweight and is applied to the skin smoothly. In my hand, the product felt like a thin gel. I applied one pump after cleansing in the morning, which comes out of the bottle generously. After being absorbed into my skin, I instantly felt more hydrated and awake. This gives the skin the glazed hydration layer it needs after being stripped overnight. As the day went on, the serum kept my skin feeling hydrated but not oily and it layered nicely with my daily moisturizer and SPF. 

Results 

After using this product consistently for two weeks, I can safely say that I will be buying it again. Although this product is not overly complex, it does all that it claims to do. It keeps the skin hydrated throughout the day, and gives me a glow without looking oily or sweaty. Over time, I have also noticed a change in my overall skin texture and brightness. This product features a cocktail of beneficial skincare ingredients, a few being niacinamide, peptides, hyaluronic acid and marula oil. Consistent use of these ingredients have made my skin feel and look smoother, more hydrated, and feel plumper.

Price

The peptide glazing fluid offers 1.7oz of product for a price of $29. Although this may seem like a small amount of product, a little goes a long way here. I use one pump a day and I anticipate that it will last me at least a few months. For a serum featuring ingredients of this caliber, I think that $29 is reasonable. Because of how much hydration I have noticed after using this product I will continue to spend the $29. That being said, I would not spend any more than $29 on this product. Considering the prices of other gel serums on the market that provide hydration and glow, you cannot beat this price.

Final Review 

Overall, I think this product offers as close to Hailey’s signature glow to the user as possible. It is clear that Hailey and her team spent extensive time and research to make this product to ensure the quality and hydration it offers. I also think it is important to note that this product, and the rest of the Rhode line, offers an experience. The packaging is sleek, smooth and looks extremely appealing when sitting in your skincare cabinet. Their brand is cohesive and marketed well. Rhode is one of the only celebrity beauty products that I have ever purchased. It’s just that good.