burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Get Strappy! Spring’s Newest Bathing Suit Trend!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Long gone are the days of wearing a simple halter-top bikini or bandeau. Macramé, braided, crisscrossed and multiple straps are in for the 2015 bikini trend.

Avoiding tan lines at all costs used to be the trend, which led to the popularity of the bandeau with removable straps. This year companies are taking a leap and putting tan lines on the sideline and embracing intricate strap detailing on bikini tops.

Pacsun, Forever21 and Victorias Secret are just a few companies stocking up on these strappy bikini tops. Whether it’s a strap party in the front or a strap party in the back, your bikini bound to make a statement!

The great part about this trend is you can choose how bold or subdued you want your strap statement to be. There is a wide spectrum of bikinis downplaying the trend and playing it up as much as possible. The choice is up to you, how strappy do you want to go?

Extremely strappy: For the daring fashionista who isn’t afraid to embrace new trends and own it. This more extreme side of the strap trend features macramé intricately weaving straps typically on the backs of bikini tops.  

Pacsun: LA Hearts Macrame Back Bralette               Bikini Top $24.95

Forever21: Macrame Bralette Bikini

Top $14.90

Moderately strappy: If you’re the kind of girl that is on the fence about fashion trends at first moderately strappy is the choice for you. It provides a happy medium that showcases the strap trend without it being too much or too little. This look tends to be lots of large crisscrossing and weaving.

Pacsun: LA Hearts Triple Strap Strappy

Back Bikini Top $24.95

Forever21: Strappy Tie-Dye Print Bralette $14.90

Subtle strappy: An extra strap here or there wont do anyone any harm and still toys around with the strap trend. If you want to follow the trend but aren’t ready to make the sacrifice of having multiple tan lines, subtle strappy is for you.

Victorias Secret: Strappy Tiangle Top       

$38.50

Victorias Secret: Push-Up Wrap Triangle Top$35.95