Get the Look: VMAs 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

1.     Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato amazed audiences this year in a bubble gum pink getup that struck the perfect balance between femininity and edge. To mimic the look, try on a lace number, opting for a tighter silhouette to offset such a delicate color. 

ASOS Lace Top Midi Pencil Dress, $51 at Asos.com

2.     Tori Kelly

While Kelly is known for her more casual wardrobe, the rising star turned it up a notch for the VMAs, impressing viewers in a sultry two-piece. To achieve the same, go for a neutral-colored romper and play up the outfit with heels and a bronzy eye. 

Black Lace Playsuit With Long Sleeves, $43.99 

Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eye Shadow, $6.99 

3. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott, the brains behind this year’s moon man award design definitely went bold with his red carpet look, proving that structured pantsuits can be exciting, too. But of course, anything a man can do, a woman can do even better. Ditch the stripes and wear a floral matching set instead. 

Brand Lattice Flower Print Pleat Slim Suit Coat, $31.99 

4. Miley Cyrus

In her first of many wardrobe changes,  the hostess with the mostess,  Cyrus stunned while sporting a flashy sequined jumpsuit, platinum blonde braids, and a huge flower hairband. For a less intense look, go for a bohemian jumper, a textured ponytail and more demure accessories. 

Beaded Ornate Print Jumpsuit, $24.90 

Bride Bohemian Flower Headband, $9.72 

Bed Head Totally Bent 2” Crimper, $20.99

5. Kanye West

Just because you are going somewhere special, does not mean you have to forsake personal comfort in the process. To slum it Kanye style, play with proportions by choosing a cropped sweater and some playfully distressed sweats.  

Lazy Day Crop Sweatshirt, $38 

Split Second Sweatpants, $30.76

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.