This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

What screams holiday season more than Kate Spade? With the brand’s Blair Waldorf-esque bold colors, feminine prints, girly silhouettes and irresistible sparkly sequins, I obviously had to tell you guys how to “get the look”, just in time for the holiday season! Whether it’s a treat for yourself or a gift to someone special in your life, you can feel like a Park Avenue princess while on a collegiate budget of course. 

Office Supplies

Who says you can’t stay organized in style? I’m starting with office supplies because it’s one of the more affordable and accessible items. Kate Spade has adorable colorful planners, but $30 for paper products may be pushing it for some. Target usually has affordable and cute notebooks, and they recently released Sugar Paper’s 2015 collection that you can get in stores or here.

Kate Spade Planner: $36 

Target Planner $9.99

Small Accessories 

Kate Spade is known for its small accessories, from wristlets to coin purses to key chains to phone cases. You can achieve the same look with glitter, black-and white, polka-dot prints, bow detailing and bright colors — as long as there’s gold metal hardware. With these tips, I’m sure you’ll have people fooled in no time. 

Kate Spade Glitter Bug Bee Wristlet: $78 

Target Merona Cell Phone Case Wallet: $6.49 

Kate Spade Madison Evening Belles Tina Clutch: $498 

Forever 21 See Through Box Clutch: $24.90 

Kate Spade Things We Love Heart Keyfob: $48 

H&M Puffy Heart Keyring: $3.95 

Shoes

Kate Spade’s shoes often have fun embellishments like bows or sequins. I personally love bow flats, which are dressy enough to wear to holiday parties or to give your outfit extra panache while walking on campus. These Kate Spade flats are absolutely stunning, but the price is over one third of the cost of a UMD class. 

Kate Spade Nisella Flats: $375

Forever 21 Faux Patent Leather Bow Flats: $22.90

If you’re in a show-stopping mood, these glitter pumps are perfect for captivating a room. 

Kate Spade Licorice Too Pumps: $328 

Forever 21 Pointed Glitter Pumps: $22.90 

Kate Spade also has a collaboration with Keds, offering sneakers that are priced at about $80 if you’re willing to splurge.

Outerwear 

Kate Spade makes beautiful coats ranging in a wide variety of colors. These coats are on trend with pastels for the winter season without breaking the bank. 

Kate Spade Jacques Coat: $798 

H&M Wool-Blend Coat: $49.95 

Printed Circle Skirts 

Kate Spade is also notorious for prints, which you can incorporate into your wardrobe with fun, flirty, but elegant skirts that you can dress up or down. Pair them with black and white topography tees or color-block them with a blouse. 

Kate Spade Cyber Cheetah Flare Skirt: $298 

Forever 21 Dotted A-Line Skirt: $19.90

So, it’s actually quite affordable to copy the Kate Spade’s look. Remember to incorporate the gold metallic detailing, prints, bows, polka dots, bright colors and glitter. You can always splurge on the Kate Spade item, especially if you really like it (because let’s be honest, you probably love it!). Just remember that you can always achieve the same look for less. I hope you liked these affordable options and have a fabulous holiday my collegiettes! 

All images are from Kate Spade, Target, Forever 21, H&M, and Keds