Five Food Places Around UMD’s Campus For Students On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

There are numerous aspects of college life that nearly all students find relatable: the constant stress, the lack of sleep the good food and the feeling of impending doom as finals season approaches. The most common of all, however, is the substantial lack of personal funds. Translation: we’re all broke. We’re also, however, always hungry. Here are five affordable places to visit when you want to escape dining hall food! P.S. They’re vegetarian friendly, too!

1. Pho Thom

This Viet and Thai cuisine place is known for its chill ambience and great food. While it can get busy on weekend nights, this place is perfect for birthdays, a night out with friends and even dates!

2. Krazi Kebob

Fast, casual food has recently become incredibly popular and this is definitely the place near campus to experience it. Krazi Kebob combines Indian and Pakistani flavors with those of the Mexican cuisine to create a new kind of fusion food. Check it out on Lehigh Road!

3. Bagel Place

If you’re looking for a place that’s open daily and early in the morning before those 8 a.m. classes, check this place out. It has bagels, sandwiches and coffee, so you can get that caffeine fix while enjoying a freshly-made bagel.

4. Blaze Pizza

Although this is a chain, this unique pizza place is not around many college campuses! Take advantage of the fact that you can create your own fresh pizza, add toppings for your tastes and watch it bake right in front of you. Blaze Pizza is perfect for showing visiting friends and family around, too!

5. Insomnia Cookies

This may not be a place to have an actual meal (or maybe it is…), but Insomnia Cookies in College Park is a chain location that always has the greatest freshly-baked cookies. The convenient location and delivery services especially come in handy during exams, when 3 a.m. nights are both inevitable and standard.