Fall Winter Fashions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Fashion is constantly changing. It represents personality and style, but even more, it is a snapshot into our culture. And as any true fashionista knows, it is also one of the most challenging things for a girl to keep up with! As the famous designer Coco Chanel said, “Fashion is made to become unfashionable.”

What better way to see the current trends and styles than looking to other University of Maryland students for some fashion guidance? I took to the campus in search of all fall fashion trends. I found maxi dresses, floral prints, chestnut-colored boots, pea coats galore, jean and leather jackets, fur vests, chunky jewelry, ballet flats and a touch of color. Look no further than our own campus to find all the fall fashion pieces that are essential in every girl’s closet this season.

Maxi dresses are a go! Junior kinesiology major Chelsey Eberwein wears a navy blue maxi dress with a colorful scarf- a perfect pick for the inevitable and awkward warm day in the middle of fall.

Floral prints will never go out of style. Freshman biology major EJ Yi pairs the floral print with a crème cropped jacket effortlessly.

Another big trend this fall is pairing dresses with leggings and boots. Junior chemistry major Alexandra Walsh chooses a patterned dress to go with her ensemble.

Senior animal science major Jillian Armstrong knows the strength of a good chestnut-colored pair of boots and a cute pea coat. Ladies, these are two of the most important pieces to have! They are perfect for dressing up or down and essential in the chilly fall months!

Stock up on scarves! Play up your outfit like junior math major Jaqueline Nicole did with a bright green scarf. It is the perfect way to add a little something extra to an otherwise plain outfit.

Jean jackets are making a comeback! Junior art history major Megan Davis pairs a lighter jean jacket with dark pants and ballet flats for a chic and laid back look.

Love them or hate them- fur vests are in! Senior psychology major Brittany Tarrant pairs a brown fur vest with chunky jewelry and military-style boots for an edgy and completely trendy look.

Senior communications major Amberly Ellis goes for the dress and leggings look. Her outfit sums up fall fashion with that deep gold color. Her friend, senior journalism major Nicole Jones, sports a leather jacket- another must-have piece for your fall wardrobe.

Chunky, bright jewelry makes a statement! As junior journalism major Megan Kowalski knows, a bright necklace can add flair to any outfit. Pair it with a vest and you are ready for les rues de Paris et Milan!

Freshman finance major Mandy Xu puts together a few fall trends- ballet flats with a pop of color, chunky earrings and, the ultimate fall piece, a pea coat. You really just can’t go on without one.

Keep in mind clean lines and contrasting colors can make or break any fall outfit. Junior criminology major Megan Lafferty pairs a crème-colored coat with dark jeans and chestnut-colored boots for a classic fall look.

Fashion is all about your personality- have fun and experiment with it! And when fashion trends seem to be impossible to track, look to the girls walking around campus to see the latest.