burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Fashion Favorites From NYFW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Even though the staple wardrobe on campus seems to be “sports lux with a UMD flare,” there are still many exciting fashion finds for the fall season, starting with New York Fashion Week.

In awesome Maryland fashion, the in color for fall is red. That means tailgates and football games are outdoor runways at all times. So get out those UMD tees and red bandanas!

Speaking of dusting off the old stuff, vintage is in, too. ‘70s plaid and retro hats are making an appearance this fall season, so channel your inner school girl and whip out those plaid skirts.

“But the Britney Spears look is so 2000s” you say? Don’t fret: tracksuits are making a comeback as well. Those Juicy Couture sweat suits you’ve tried so hard to forget are here again.  That’s right: the sports lux trend is taking a new turn this year.

Keeping with the current trend, gold and glitter are definitely a must this fashion season. NYFW featured countless glittery gold jackets, shirts and accessories as well. Prepare to dazzle the world as you walk by and dazzle with fringes in your closet this year.

All these trends may be tiring you, but you have nothing to worry about. The best trend this year at NYFW just so happens to be named “Hot Mess.” It’s like they knew just how college students felt. So remember, when you look like a hot mess, you’re actually being super trendy.

Sports lux will always be the best default trend in college, but trying new styles is what we should be doing as college students as we find ourselves. So be bold and express yourself with these awesome autumn trends!

Hi I'm Mel, a senior studying communication with a focus in public relations and government & politics here at the University of Maryland. I hope you like what I have to say!
Maryam Pitt

Maryland '18

.