Fall Date Ideas for you and your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Almost everyone would agree fall is the perfect time to be in a relationship. The changing leaves and the crisp, cool air provide the perfect atmosphere for love to bloom. My girlfriend and I have taken full advantage of the season so far, and have worked hard to set the bar high as far as couple goals go.

One of the more obvious things we did this fall was go to the pumpkin patch. It’s basically a rite of passage as soon as the weather turns the slightest bit chilly. Being in a relationship in autumn essentially means you are expected to go to the pumpkin patch, ride down to the pumpkins in a wagon pulled by a tractor and see who can find the biggest pumpkin. My girlfriend and I did all of this and afterwards we drank apple cider in order to maintain the fall spirit.

Aside from the normal pumpkin patch outing, we also went to an interactive movie night at Creative Alliance in Baltimore, Maryland and saw “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.” The show was a blast, and it is definitely something that I would recommend to all couples. We got to throw things and shout, we got to sing along to the songs and squirt water out of squirt guns. There were live performers who sang and danced along to the music. It was all hilarious. The performers were extremely talented and I found myself laughing really hard at some of the audience’s comments during the movie. This is definitely a fun experience to have during October.

A few days after we saw Rocky Horror, my girlfriend and I went to a concert at the DC9 nightclub. We saw From Indian Lakes, which is one of my favorite bands. I had never been to the DC9 before but it turned out to be a really cool place to hang out. They served food and drinks and you could still get in if you were under 21. The band performed upstairs in a nice-sized room. It wasn’t too big or too small and you could really get up close to the band. We had tons of fun dancing and enjoying the atmosphere. I would absolutely go back there.

The concert may not have been fall-themed exactly, but it was still a really fun time. Besides, how many events are there that are specifically centered around autumn? I would definitely do all of these things over again and I recommend them to all couples. Don’t just sit around all fall, get up and find things to do. There are plenty of events happening in the area!