This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Spring is finally here and this means it is time to start anew. Leave everything from winter that was weighing you down, like those heavy sweaters, clunky boots, and that hookup from last semester, in the past.

This goes for your make up, too. You do not have to strip down completely, but ditching your Kardashian contour, thick eyeliner and striking dark lip for a fresh no-makeup makeup look will leave you looking revived and brand new.

Here is everything you need on to create a no-makeup makeup look.

Face

A tinted moisturizer is perfect for this look. It provides lightweight coverage and evens out skin tone. Most formulas are light and will not feel heavy on your face. Most have an SPF in them, perfect for this time of the year when you will be spending more time outside.

Now that you have just evened out your skin, you can add some color back by applying blush to your cheekbones. Used in a natural color, it is a great way to play up your features.

To add some shimmer and attract light to your face, highlighter, used under your eyes, under your brow bone, down your nose, above your lip, on your chin and in a fan formation across your forehead, will leave you glowing. 

Eyes/ Eyebrows

No need for a smoky eye here or even eye shadow at all.

Use your favorite mascara to make your eyes pop.

My personal rule is to never leave the house without my eyebrows filled in. If you were not blessed with the eyebrows of Cara Delevingne feel free to do a natural amount of filling in. Natural is the key word.

This is a good example:

Lips

As a final step you can finish with subtle lip color.

Choosing a new makeup routine can be a daunting task, and the price of cosmetics can be a big deterrent.  Luckily there are some great drugstore brands that can get the job done. One of the least expensive, brands is e.l.f. Cosmetics. With some of there products starting out at just $1, they are perfect for a college student on a budget.

Hey! My name is Jenna and I am a junior journalism major and art history minor at the University of Maryland. I am from New Jersey and love all things fashion and beauty. Find out more about me and see more of my writing on my blog http://jennariquelle.wordpress.com/