burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Decoding Winter Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Let’s be honest, part of the excitement of winter break is the endless holiday sales and trends. But when you’re in the college bubble, it can be difficult to know what to expect during your first shopping adventure in months. Here are the top head-to-toe winter trends hitting your favorite shops this season:

Earwarmers

As winter temperatures quickly approach the Maryland area, earwarmers have been on the rise in College Park. On sale at Urban Outfitters for just $19.99, this knit accessory promises to be “majorly cozy” while also adding warmth and style to any winter look.

Military Coats

Every winter the search is always on for the perfect winter coat to stay both stylish and warm through harsh temperatures. This season, military-inspired coats have returned to store shelves to offer an alternative to typical winter coat styles. Wear this coat from H&M to stay warm this season.

Oversized Knit Sweaters

Perfect for long walks through the mall or nights spent at McKeldin, this classic winter wardrobe staple is back to add a cozy, stylish feel to get your through harsh winter weather. Style this look with leggings for a comfy feel or skinny jeans to add a classic spin.

Harem Pants

Just when you thought harem pants were over, they’re back. With a delicate mix of tight and loose fabric, harem pants, once thought to only be worn by M.C. Hammer,  have found their way back into the shelves of numerous stores. Though they may not be the most versatile or flattering option out there, paired with the right top and shoes, these pants can make for the perfect date night outfit. Not sure if the look is for you? Try Forever 21’s “ Favorite Harem Pants” for just $14.80. The price is definitely right! 

Combat Boots

With temperatures winding down in College Park, it can be difficult to find shoes both practical and trendy for a night out. This season, combat boots have continued to be a fashion favorite amongst retailers. With a closed toe to protect from harsh weather and a versatile look to go with any outfit, these shoes have become the perfect addition to any college girl’s closet. Indulge these from Kohls for an affordable and trendy option. 

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.