Dazzle for Date Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Styled and modeled by Sydney Carter
Photography by Joelle Levinas

Picnic in the Park
Preparing for a casual canoodle in the great outdoors? Opt for a girly skirt contrasted with rough and tough footwear in the form of chic ankle boots. You’re feminine, but ready to explore. Don’t forget a classic jean jacket to keep warm in case of winds!

Checklist:
Floral skirt- H&M
Boots- Madden Girl
Cropped jean jacket- Jones New York

Club Hoppin’
Dancing the night away in sultry clubs in the city? Flaunt your assets in figure flattering styles. Jewelry can get in the way so select apparel items with embellishment or patterns. And always wear comfortable shoes for constant grooving.

Checklist:
Studded skirt- Express
 Striped graphic T-shirt (actually a dress!)- Gap
Black sandals, Kenneth Cole Reaction

Formal Affair
Dress to the nines when your beau plans to wine and dine you. Take the LBD (Little Black Dress) to the next level with materials or styles that add pizzazz. Don’t distract with heavy jewelry- try some select statement rings or earrings.

Checklist:
Sequin black dress- Express
 Statement rings- various boutiques

Event Ready
When a concert or sporting event is on the agenda you want to impress, but always be able to move with ease. Patterned shorts give you the “wow” factor with the comfort of worry-free mobility. Keep the top simple by selecting a solid color, but keep the “wow’s” coming by selecting textures or jewelry that pops.

Checklist:
Patterned shorts- Gap
Black ruffle tank top- Converse All Star
Silver chains- Vintage

Dinner and a Movie
This classic date night combo deserves a stylish staple: jeans, heels and a splash of color. Get creative and try skinny jean capris. Raise the bar by choosing a top made from a more formal material, like silk. Be wise and pick your signature color!

Checklist:
Jeggings- Jones New York
 Orange silk tank top- Mossimo (Target)
Black patent pointed toe heels- Kenneth Cole Reaction