This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

As we start to head into the cold winter months, it is hard for us girls to look cute and stay warm! Here is how a few Maryland students dress to keep warm and fashionable!

Casually Cute

Freshman communications major Emma Santos keeps warm by using the layered look! She has on a rocker t-shirt from Pac Sun with a long sleeved marooned thermal underneath, so that she can still wear her cute shirt and stay warm!

Edgy Chic

Freshman economics major Kanak Jha keeps warms with her white Target scarf, black H&M jacket, black and white sweater courtesy of her roommate and black boots! Her printed leggings, also from H&M, dress up her outfit and are also extremely comfortable. Also, like Kanak did, when in doubt borrow something from your roomie! This outfit is perfect for a night out with your friends or looking nice for class!

Simply Stylish

Freshman journalism major Caroline Cummings keeps warm with her patterned scarf and cream sweater, both from H&M. She added a blue Free People vest for extra flair! Vests are a big fashion must this winter and when worn with a fun patterned scarf it can bring the entire look together! The brown boots also dress up this look making it perfect for class or dinner with your friends!

Fall Fabulous

Sophomore nursing major Laura Slaughter paired perfectly her oversized American Eagle sweater with a colorful scarf, and leggings. Her trendy jacket pulls the outfit together, along with her adorable cream-colored Uggs.

Also Here Are The Top 5 Winter Fashion Trends To Watch:

1)   Beanies: They are very versatile and can work with a dress or yoga pants and a sweater.

2)   Turtlenecks: You can dress up any look with a turtleneck if worn properly!

3)   Slouchy Pants: This winter skinny jeans are out and slouchy pants are in!

Photo From Lex What Wear

4)   Military Jacket: The neutral green color goes great with both jeans and leggings and your favorite pair of hunter boots!

Photo from J’s Everyday Fashion

5)   Oversized Sweaters: They are perfect to pair with leggings when you want to dress comfortably, but still look put together.

Photo from Maegan Tintari  

My name is Meghan Moriarty. I am one of the editor-in-chief's of Her Campus Maryland.
Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.