ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Cheap Gifts $25 and Under

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It’s near the end of the semester and also that time to start gift shopping! If your summer savings are running low (I know mine are :/), keep reading for affordable gift ideas all under $25 for your friends, family, or someone special in your life.

I know most of these items are for young women but with minor tweaks these gifts can be universal! You can buy the same type of item from the men’s section of the store or buy it in a more age-appropriate version if you’re shopping for your mom.

Gift Sets

Gift sets are awesome, since you get more with your money and most importantly, they’re already pre-packaged. American Eagle, Victoria’s Secret, and Sephora have pretty good ones ranging jewelry, perfume, lotion, and makeup. They’re also good as a gift for yourself if you want to sample a lot of different products but don’t want to splurge on one product if you’re unsure about it. With gift sets, you can give one to each person, or you can split them up for different people (They’ll never know!)

American Eagle Mini Rollerball Gift Set: $14.97; Bare Minerals Magnificent Seven: $18; Forever 21 Mini Brush Set: $3.90; VS Fantasies Mist and Lotion Gift Set: $20

Socks

I know the idea seems a bit weird…but personally, I can never have enough socks because I always lose them! To avoid the socks appearing drab and boring, you can buy cute knee highs, fuzzy socks for lounging, or find socks in pretty fair-isle patterns or even humorous prints if your friend has any specific interests or if you guys have an inside joke.

Forever 21 Marled Over the Knee Socks: $6.90; Forever 21 Striped Fuzzy Sock Set: $4

American Eagle Sock Gift Set: $11.97; American Eagle Heart Crew Sock: $5;  American Eagle Bright Print Crew Sock: $5

Sleep/Loungewear

Sleepwear is just one of those things you always forgot to buy for yourself, yet its essentially a necessity.  Give your giftee a reason to not wear the usual sweatpants to bed. What’s cozier in these cold months ahead than snuggly pj’s? 

Forever 21 Night In Checklist PJ Set: $12.80; Forever 21 Plush Self Tie Robe: $15; Striped Flannel Nightdress: $16.90

American Eagle Factory Sleep Pant: $20.97

Cold Weather Accessories

Who wouldn’t want to receive an extra winter accessory? Especially with another possible polar vortex this winter, I certainly wouldn’t mind having texting gloves and another scarf or two.  Plus, how cute are these gold moccasins from Forever 21?

American Eagle Shimmer Knit Gloves: $11.17; American Eagle Shimmery Marled Knit Snood: $23.97; Forever 21 Metallic Faux Leather Moccasins: $19.80; American Eagle Faux Fur Snood: $23.97

Tech

EVERYONE has a phone (If you don’t have one, I don’t know how you live!). So a new phone case or a portable charger would be a very practical gift that your giftee can use every day.

Francesca’s I Am Very Busy iPhone 5 Case: $25; Urban Outfitters Printed Portable Phone Charger: $24

Mugs/Tumblers

Perhaps a little on the usual side, but you can also have the chance to jumpstart someone’s morning with these these mugs from Urban Outfitters that are only $10. Starbucks also came out with a holiday collection with most of the tumblers pricing at $20.

Starbucks Double Wall Traveler-Red Jewel: $19.95

My biggest tip in giving gifts is even if you know what they like, don’t get them a gift that’s similar to what they already own, get them something that they usually wouldn’t buy for themselves. It makes your gift more practical and memorable.

Obviously you know the people in your life better than I do, but if you’re getting stumped on what to get them, feel free to use any of these ideas! And if you want to buy one of these to reward yourself after finals, then go for it girl! As always, good luck shopping and happy holidays my collegiettes!

All images are from Forever 21, American Eagle, Francescas’s, Urban Outfitters, and Starbucks.

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.