Style

Celeb Style for Less: Jhené Aiko, Featuring Fashion Nova

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Hip-hop and R&B singer Jhené Aiko. Rapper Big Sean. Cheating rumors again? They’re not true, but that’s beside the point.

The “Trip” and “Twenty88” artist, as well as fashionista, turned the #Dirty30 two weeks ago! Let’s celebrate with some outfits.

The singer’s style is unique, and can be a little trippy. She has her own merchandise and a sandal collaboration with Teva, a shoe company. Jhené sometimes rocks basics and sweats, but her other outfits are not what you would wear on a typical day. If you want some tricks for both, here are five of Jhené’s styles for less, from Fashion Nova.

Hot Fire Flames

What red carpet? Jhené doesn’t even need one. She’s her own, as she rocks this two-piece dark red set for South by Southwest, an annual mix of film, interactive media and music festivals in Austin, Texas. Her top seems to be vinyl, while her wide-cut pants are velvet. Try this basic tube top and matching bottoms set. Or a fancier off-the-shoulder crop top and split-legged bottoms. Jhené’s shoes are not shown, but any pair of strappy heels match.

Street Style 101

Street style is the best style. Jhené doesn’t usually wear this style, but she sure looks good. Nothing like a good ole graphic tee with jeans. She’s wearing a cropped one with MV Bowie tapered jeans by MOUSSY. She paired these two with an oversized Chanel leather jacket and black Louis Vuitton heeled ankle boots. Try this band tee with these boyfriend jeans, along with black clear heeled boots and leather jacket. Don’t forget her Le Specs dupe.

CP to the Moon

Okay, this outfit may not be the most wearable to school, but you can look like a 100 bucks somewhere else. Jhené wore this black and gold ensemble in Minneapolis for her performance on Lana Del Rey’s “LA to the Moon Tour” (hence the heading, too far of a stretch? K.) Let’s try to make this more casual with a black bodysuit and shorts. Then pair them with this metallic cardigan and thigh-high stiletto boots. Any gold necklace set can spice it up too.

Hello Sunshine

It’s finally spring, so here’s some sun for ya. Jhené posed next to sunflowers with a Freeze “Lion King” sweatshirt and Undercover mustard yellow sweatpants. This is a simple, yet cute look. It’s also easy to recreate, as any sweatshirt paired with any bottoms will be good enough for a relaxed look. She also paired them with Puma sneakers. Try these shoes with the look.

All Black Everythin’

Hooded dress or oversized sweater? Basically the same. Jhené’s wearing one of those in Paris and looks ever so comfy and stylish. Best of both worlds, right? Her apparel is from a brand named Richard&Grace, founded in Texas. She paired the outfit with black Chanel over the knee boots. She then accessorized with Fendi sunglasses and a white Chanel crossbody bag. Any oversized sweater with some over the knee boots, crossbody bag and sunglasses works.

Kelly Zheng

Maryland '19

Kelly Zheng is a senior multiplatform journalism major with a minor in technology entrepreneurship at the University of Maryland. She is currently The Terrapin yearbook’s editor in chief. Kelly’s journalism experience consists of managing the social media platforms for The Campus Trainer and Stories Beneath the Shell (SBS). Additionally, she edits and freelance reports for SBS and Her Campus. Kelly lays out The Diamondback’s sports section every week as well. This past summer, she was an editorial intern at Girls’ Life magazine. Kelly enjoys anything beauty, food, and lifestyle related.