Bloom into Style Spring Styles For Tall Women: From Shirts to Shoes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Most tall women are often told what not to wear, or how to create an ensemble that doesn’t draw attention to their height. Because spring is the season of renewal and growth, these fashions do just the opposite.

Be bubbly!

Try shirts and dresses with a bell sleeve, like this bohemian-style dress and belt. Dresses with bell sleeves gives your arms a flowing appearance, as opposed to sleeves that cut off right above the wrist because of arm length. To add to it, try dresses with laced or floral designs!

Photo Credit: Trendsettervintage.com

Instead of your typical bland button-down cardigans, try cardigans with a ruffled or flowing interior or back to gracefully add to your height. Mix it up with pastel colors and flowery designs! Try with capris.

Photo Credit: Stylelist.com

Wide belts are your best friends! Pink, turquoise, yellow, and other brightly colored belts worn at the waist accentuate your hips and slim your waist. Try a wide belt with a tee and a pencil skirt, or a wide belt with swing dress.

Photo Credit: Instyle.com

Be brash!

Show off those legs! High-waisted shorts add a curvy look to your body and draw positive attention to long legs. Try denim, leather, or cotton high-waisted shorts with a cropped top, a bralette top, or a V-neck.

Photo Credit: Collegefashion.net

Maxi dresses were made to compliment a long body. Look for maxi dresses that are slightly fitted at the top. Maxi dresses with bandeau tops and halter necklines attract attention to long necks. Try a solid pastel color with gold or silver accessories, or a zesty tribal pattern with coral accessories!

Photo Credit: Kaboodle.com

Be brave!

Although long skirts are usually a tall no-no, mullet skirts allow you to embrace the freedom of a short skirt and the length of a long skirt at the same time. The flowing designs of mullet skirts create a polished, feathery look for long legs.  Wear a bold or floral patterned with a wide belt.

Photo Credit: Thebargaindoll.com

Heels you ask? Yes! From wedges to platforms to pumps, heels add to the flowing effect with certain pieces, such a mullet skirt, high-waisted shorts, and even capris. Try open-toed pumps, or studded sandals.

Photo Credit: Payless.com