The Best Make-up and Hair Looks for Every Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

As the season is underway, it’s time to spice up your look! Here are some simple, easy new fall trends to try, for all occasions!

Class. We all know that when you wake up for 8ams a half an hour before class starts, you are not going to look your best. Some things to try are:

Makeup: Try a lighter concealer under your eyes to hide those dark circles. We all have them; no one has to know you do too! Apply a cream colored eye shadow to the inner corners of your eyes. The light color will make your tired eyes look brighter much more awake.

Hair: Side French braid secured with a ponytail in the back. This style is very easy, quick, and will keep your hair out of your face all day! Instead of pulling pieces of hair from side to side like a regular French braid, pull strands from front to back.

Going out. When you have a little more than 15 minutes to put together a look, it’s time to put together a look that is a little more exciting.

Makeup: A Smokey eye adds a little spice to your makeup. Apply a shimmery eye shadow to your lids, and put a darker eye shadow into your crease (the outline of your eyeball pretty much). Apply some liquid eyeliner to your upper lash line and finish of the look with some volumizing mascara. Only use a sheer lip-gloss with this, your dramatic eye does not need to be overpowered by a dark lip too!

Hair: Curls, curls, curls! Complete your look for your night out with some loose, bombshell curls. Section off hair your hair into layers. Curl 1-inch sections with a curling iron, making sure you are making the curls go away from your face.

Holiday. When you’re spending the day with family, it’s time to add some class to your look.

Makeup: Neutral eye shadow is what will look best for this occasion. Use the same makeup techniques for a Smokey eye, but taken down a few notches. Stick with light matte shadows and mascara. Finish the look with a berry lipstick or gloss. Use a color that is a raspberry, plum color rather than red.

Hair: A Sock bun is the perfect holiday hairstyle. It’s both easy and classy. Cut off the toe of a sock and roll it until it is in the shape of a donut. Put your hair in a ponytail and roll the sock your hair and voilà! You can wrap your ponytail around itself and secure with bobby pins.

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.