The Best Halloween Attractions in the DMV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Jack-o- lanterns are out, Party City is around every corner, and pumpkin spice latte’s fill the air! As a college student, trick-or-treating is way beyond our years but of course we don’t really want to give up one of the most anticipated holiday of the year— Halloween. It’s the only time to pull out that sexy outfit you’ve wanted to wear outside of your bedroom walls. Slutty nurses, playboy bunnies and sexy cats will be everywhere! Now that you have picked your outfit, you need to find somewhere to go and have a little fun! D.C, Maryland, and Virginia areas have some great attractions to look forward to! Enjoy all of the excitement and thrill, D.C has to offer you in your night of screams!

Six Flags America- Fright Fest:

Experience rollercoasters, haunted graveyards, or spider outbreak at the annual attractions of six flags!  Bring your friends to ride along side you during a zombie apocalypse!

When: September 26- November 1, 2015.

Where: Upper Marlboro, Maryland

Price:  $$$  

Night of the Living Zoo in D.C:

Animals love to party too! Have a night to remember with the bats, snakes, and spiders at the National Zoo where you can enjoy bone chilling performances and visit monsters at the Reptile Disgusting Center and Mummy House! Visit the palm reader to hear about your future!

Date and Time: October 30, 2015, 6:30 – 10 p.m.

Location: 3001 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC

Price: $$

Bennett’s Curse:

Featured as the 3rd most scariest haunted house in the U.S by the Travel Channel,  Bennett’s Curse is back again! Enter into the Medieval underworld, try to survive Inferno 3D, and venture into the sanctuary of insanity! As a Maryland’s tradition, you definitely want to experience this for yourself! Visit their new 40,000 sq ft facility that will give you a run for your money… literally! Not to mention their newest attraction- Legends of Halloween!

Date and Time: Now until Nov. 7th 7-11 pm

Location: 791 West Ostend Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

Price: $$$

Field of Screams:

Located right outside of Baltimore lives THE  #1 Multi Haunt and Top Rates Scream Park in the DMV area! With 4 Haunting attractions there is no way you will walk out of there without goose bumps up and down your back. Walk through the darkest woods or go into a paintball war as zombies surround you and your friends. My only advice is if you dare to enter Field of Screams, don’t go alone!

Date and Time: Sept. 18th thru Nov. 1st 6:30-11pm

Location: 4501 Olney Laytonsville Rd

Price: $-$$

With all these options, there is no way you won’t have an awesome night!

Be cute, be safe, and Happy Halloween!

Kayline is currently a senior at the University of Maryland-College Park. She is a Family Science Major focusing on Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy. On her down time, she expresses her passion either on the volleyball court or dancing all over campus. She hopes to become a Sports Physical Therapist and contribute as a writer for a health magazine. She is obsessed with "Friends" (the show), shopping, and trying new things! She believes everyone grows at their own pace and as a new HerCampus writer, she hopes to help her readers grow into awesome women by sharing her thoughts and views of the world and all its beauty! :) Find her on Instagram @kay.limepie