Beacon & Brewster FREE GIVEAWAY and Campus Opportunity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Have you heard of the new apparel company Beacon & Brewster?  Well, this fabulous polo and t-shirt company that launched in 2013, donates 25% of the sale price of all of items to go to your favorite charities! So you can look great, and do something great while wearing your shirt!

Better, yet the shirt is made completely in the United States from start to finish.

To celebrate, their expansion on to college campuses with an all-new campus rep program, Beacon and Brewster is giving one lucky Her Campus Maryland reader a FREE POLO of her choice! Valid at $58 dollars.  So, make sure to fill out this form! The winner gets to choose the color of her shirt and where the proceeds from the shirt can go. You can even choose Children’s Miracle Network and the American Cancer Society. 

The winner will be announced, Friday February 21.  In order to win, you must be a current student of the University of Maryland.

Now, if you are loving Beacon & Brewster’s charitable mission, you have the opportunity to become a campus rep!   Please email Eileen@beaconbrewster.com for a quick application to fill out if you are interested in this amazing program.

Here are the requirements of being a B&B Rep:

-Must host at least 1 trunk show a semester

-Have a good social media presence

-Participate in a monthly conference call

Campus Reps receive lots of perks. Here is the info:

–       Reps will get 35% commission from all sales (post charity donation) they are responsible for

–       Reps will get welcome package with 2 free polos and 2 free t-shirts, subsequent 50% discount on anything they want to purchase themselves

–       Reps can choose the charity they want the proceeds from the trunk shows to go to

–       Reps will get $50-100 allowance for trunk show supplies, depending on number of attendees (food, drinks, etc)

–       Reps can offer up to 25% discount at shows to increase sales, but commission will also be reduced

–       Reps will get a monthly allotment of marketing materials (business cards, postcards, etc) as well as b&b promotional swag (koozies, etc) to pass out

–       Reps will get school specific coupon codes for website sales to track non trunk show sales (codes can be included on their marketing materials

–       Reps will join monthly conference call to share ideas/updates with other reps

–       Successful Reps will be considered first for any available positions at b&b

Now, if you’re interested in learning more about this company, check out this Q&A with founder, Eileen.

What was your motivation for launching Beacon and Brewster?

The idea came to me in the spring of 2012 as I was simultaneously shopping for summer clothes and training for a half marathon to raise money for Alzheimer’s awareness- as much as I wanted to help a cause that was so important to me, I found it difficult to come right out and ask people for money.  I wanted to give them something in return for their generous donation.  As I shopped for summer clothes in vibrant colors, I started to think of the color tied to the specific charity I was fundraising for and the idea hit me.  I’ve always had a creative spirit and dreamed of starting a clothing company, so this was the perfect combination- a clothing line that makes people feel and look great. 

As I started to research options for producing Beacon & Brewster’s shirts, I also began to realize the importance of keeping all design, material sourcing and manufacturing of the clothes here in the USA- a company whose foundation is built on giving back to worthy causes should also give back to their local economy.  Producing classic American items with American manufacturers become almost as important to me as the charity element that sparked my idea for beacon & brewster.

What does the logo symbolize?

The logo was so important to me when starting beacon & brewster.  I wanted something that represented the ideals of the charity clothing brand while also reflecting the style of clothes we were creating.  The lighthouse was perfect.  Not only does it embody a classic New England coastal spirit, but it is also a recognizable symbol in American culture of hope and reassurance while navigating difficult times that it seemed like a great representation of what beacon & brewster is trying to accomplish as a brand.

What does the name mean?

I am a lifelong Boston girl and the inspiration for the brand came to me while living in the city.  I wanted a name that reflected the roots of the company while also tying in the brand image.  After settling on the lighthouse logo, the Beacon came quickly to me- the beacon of hope on the lighthouse is also the name of one of the most iconic streets in Boston.  Brewster, as the name of the island where Boston Light (the oldest lighthouse in New England) is located, fit together nicely with beacon. 

To register to win the free polo, please click here!  Don’t forget to apply to B&B’s new campus rep program! 

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.