This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Season 7 of the hit MTV show, “Are You The One?” came to an end Wednesday and viewers are dying to know which cast members are still together (I know I am!). The cast all joined together last night for their final hurrah, the reunion, and if you’ve been keeping up with their social media accounts, you know that they have been eager to tell their stories from the show. If you haven’t been watching this seasons show, here’s a little recap:

On the show, there are 22 people, split up into 11 girls and 11 guys. Before the show, you speak with matchmakers and they pair you with someone, but you don’t know who that person is. The goal of the show is for everyone to find their perfect matches before the ten weeks that they spend in Hawaii runs out. If they all find their perfect match, they win a million dollars, but if they experience a “blackout,” their money is cut in half.

Throughout the show, the cast members struggled to find their perfect matches. When week 10 arrived, the season 7 cast only had three confirmed perfect matches which were, Maria Elizondo, 21, and Shamoy Persad, 23, Kenya Scott, 22, and Tevin Grant, 22, and Nutsa Sikharulidze, 21, and Brett Ferri, 26.

Before the last ceremony, the cast members relied on strategy and somehow pulled off all 11 perfect matches, and won the million dollars. Some of the perfect matches were completely shocking, but others were expected. These were the perfect matches:

1. Maria Elizondo, 21, and Shamoy Persad, 23.

2. Kenya Scott, 22, and Tevin Grant, 22.

3. Nutsa Sikharulidze, 21, and Brett Ferri, 26.

4. Bria Hamilton, 21, and Cam Viney, 24.

5. Andrew Couture, 24, and Cali Trepp, 24.

6. Asia Woodley, 22, and Tomas Buenos, 22.

7. Zak Jones, 21, and Morgan Fletcher, 21.

8. Samantha McKinnon, 22, and Lewis Belt, 23.

9. Moe Elkhalil, 22, and Kayla Umagat, 22.

10. Lauren Roush, 23, and Kwasi Opoku, 24.

11. Daniel Vilk, 22, and Jasmine Rodriguez, 21.

So now, the question we’ve all been waiting for, who is actually together now? If you didn’t watch the reunion last night, you missed a night filled of juicy drama, but here’s what went down:

Maria and Shamoy are NOT together. After week one, they found out they were a perfect match and immediately went to the honeymoon sweet, so viewers barely got to see them on the season. At the reunion last night, the host, Terrence J, an American actor and television personality, asked them how their time was in the honeymoon suite. Both responded by saying, “It was interesting.” Then, Nutsa chimed in and said that Shamoy didn’t tell Maria that he had a girlfriend and that’s why it was interesting. Maria was not happy with Shamoy at the reunion, but we proceeded to find out that after they won the money, that night, Maria was getting intimate with Kwasi and Shamoy with Bria. This caught me WAY off guard. I thought Maria and Shamoy were in it for the long-run, but guess not!

(Maria and Shamoy, via MTV.com)

The next couple put on the hot spot that was not a perfect match, but was supposedly in love, was Daniel and Samantha. If you can recall from the season, the night of the last ceremony, everyone was worried about losing the money because they weren’t sure if Samantha would follow her heart or follow the strategy that they came up with. If she were to follow her heart, that meant picking Daniel, but if she was following strategy, that meant picking Lewis. Thankfully, she picked Lewis and they won the money, but she made it clear that she still wanted to be with Daniel after everything. When Terrence J asked if they were still together at the reunion, Daniel exploded. He called her possessive and said that maybe him and Jasmine (his perfect match) could have gotten to know one another better if she wasn’t like that, so clearly he and Samantha are NOT together. They continued to bash on one another. Daniel said she’s, “…the most spiteful girl you would ever meet,” and she responded by saying that he wasn’t good in bed, but she doesn’t care anymore because she’s back with her ex-boyfriend who appeared on one of the show’s episodes. So, Samantha is now in love and says she is going to marry her ex, but let’s move forward with the other couples because there is way more to come.

(Samantha and Daniel, via Book Squad Goals)

Cali and Tomas were the next cast members to have the spotlight. During the season, Cali and Tomas were very lovey-dovey, but they sadly found out that they were not a perfect match when they went into the truth booth. This obviously doesn’t matter to them because they told everyone at the reunion that they are TOGETHER and have been dating for five months!! Cali said that Tomas, “…likes to listen, he’s very stable and so supportive.” It was obvious that Cali and Tomas weren’t even thinking about their perfect matches, Andrew and Asia, and that they were focused on each other.

(Cali and Tomas, via MTV.com)

Although everything seemed great for Cali and Tomas, that definitely was not the case for Nutsa and Brett, who were a confirmed perfect match. Terrence J barely had to speak for them to start arguing. Nutsa was quick to speak and told the audience at the reunion how hurt she was because Brett never cared about her. Nutsa spent her time on the show constantly chasing Brett because she knew they were a perfect match, but he never actually believed it before they went into the truth booth. Nutsa said that Brett never cared about her in the real world, but Brett responded by saying that he told her that he wasn’t ready for a relationship. He said that although he wasn’t ready, he still wanted to keep in touch with her and speak to her all the time, but she said that once they left the show, he completely cut her off. Anyways, it’s not clear which side of the story is completely true, but I think it’s pretty obvious that they are NOT together now.

(Nutsa and Brett, via ibtimes.com)

Another couple who went through a difficult time and was next on the hot seat was Kenya and Tevin, one of the most popular couples from the show. Kenya and Tevin had a very revengeful relationship throughout the show, but they left Hawaii as a perfect match, in love and ready to test things out in the real world. The host, Terrence J, instantly asked them if they were still together, and they are NOT. They seemed to be on good terms and Tevin said that he truly thinks that they are a perfect match, but if it’s not the perfect timing or if they’re not in the same place it’s very difficult to make things work. On the other hand, Kenya thinks they are a perfect match still, but they’re not together because he CHEATED on her… WHAT?! So, here’s the scoop. Apparently, Kenya said that Tevin was visiting her and they were together at the time. He had a bunch of his belongings at her place and he went out without her one night. Kenya said that on that night, she saw a video of Tevin in a hot tub eating whipped cream from a girl’s mouth named Diandra Delgado, who is from season six of “Are You The One?” After seeing the video, she immediately threw all of Tevin’s belongings, that were in her house, outside in the rain. Although she seemed very calm telling the story, she said that she was confused about what went wrong with them. Maybe there’s a future for them, maybe there’s not. You’ll just have to keep up with the two and see!

(Tevin and Kenya, via MTV.com)

Finally, it was Zak’s turn, probably one of the most hated guys on the season. Terrence J invited his perfect match Morgan, and Bria, who was on and off again throughout the show with Zak, to sit in the hot seat. Terrence J first asked Bria about how she stands with Morgan and Zak because, during the show, there was a major love triangle between them that cause crazy amounts of drama. Bria said, “I love everybody,” and proceeded to say that she and Morgan are “cool,” but when she finds somebody that she loves, she loves them hard. Morgan said that she always knew that Zak was her match, but he never cared enough to commit to being with her, and that instead, he would go around and flirt with other girls. Both Bria and Morgan seemed like they didn’t want anything to do with Zak because of his player-like personality, and he defended himself by saying that during the show, he was only thinking about the game, but he said that he probably does that all the time in real life. This caused an uproar. Nutsa started yelling, saying that Zak will tell every girl exactly what they want to hear so that they like him, and that he is a horrible person.

(Bria (left), Zak (middle), Morgan (right), via ibtimes.com)

After all the arguing came to an end, we found out that he has also been sleeping around with girls from other MTV shows. One of the girls he was messing around with, Shanley McIntee, from season one of “Are You The One?” came out as a surprise guest. Shanley and Zak mostly had a long distance relationship, but she didn’t hesitate to express her hatred for him because when they were “together” he supposedly threatened to release nude videos of her from when they would video chat each other. Zak told her that he was joking about taking videos and that he said that so he would have the upper hand in the relationship. Nutsa interrupted and said, “You are literally a psychopath and you need to f***ing leave.” Terrence J calmed everyone down and asked Zak one last question which was, “Do you want to be a better person or are you comfortable with who you are?” Zak said that he wants to change for the right person but he hasn’t met that right person yet, which caused girls to start yelling because they think he finds the right girl and then screws them over. Anyways, I think it’s pretty clear that Morgan and Zak are NOT together, and he is NOT ready to settle down any time soon.

(Shanley, via Ex On The Beach Fandom)

The other couples on the show who were a perfect match are not together, but we heard from a few of them about their current love lives. Lauren is back together with her ex-boyfriend, Moe said he has all the support he needs back at home, Cam and Kayla are NOT together because he’s at law school, but she still has so much love for him, and Andrew thinks that he has come to terms with his dating problems. Overall, it was a crazy night filled with drama, but the whole cast was able to show that no matter how much drama there may be, they are still a family.

Jessica Kranz

Maryland '20

Jessica Kranz is a junior Broadcast Journalism major at the University of Maryland, College Park. She is also one of the Social Media Directors for Her Campus Maryland. During her free time, Jessica loves to hang out with her friends and watch New Girl.
Ambriah Underwood is an avid reader and writer. In 2016, she graduated from Baltimore City College high school becoming an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme recipient. She attends the University of Maryland as a senior, pursuing a degree in journalism with a minor in Spanish. During the spring of 2018, she copyedited news, opinion and diversion sections for an on-campus, student-run publication known as The Diamondback. After spending a year writing for Her Campus Maryland, and, later, functioning as an editor as well, she became co-Campus Correspondent. She plans to further her involvement with the group as well as gain more editorial experience through internships and by continuing her passion for storytelling. Ambriah Underwood resides in Washington County, Maryland.