Apps to Save Money on Food around College Park

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Are you getting sick of diner food or cooking for yourself? If you’re a college student then you probably want the most bang for your buck. Here are some suggestions for the most affordable restaurants around UMD for the weekend, which will hopefully save you some money.

https://media.giphy.com/media/uyWTOgNGGWfks/giphy.gif

1. Pho D’Lite

This place is the holy grail of deals. From a $20 voucher from Groupon for $9, with your student account, to getting one free Thai iced tea if you check in through Yelp, Pho D’Lite is the place to go if you want to save money while eating out. Don’t forget to head over with a friend for the BOGO Pho and $1 Thai iced tea hangover special on Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The portions are pretty large so this may even last you two meals if you bring home your leftovers!

https://unsplash.com/photos/Jop_Y3rYFQU

2. Noodles & Co.

If you’re ever in the mood for some mac and cheese or some Thai green curry, be sure to use the Noodles Rewards app for some exclusive deals, freebies and offers.

https://giphy.com/gifs/pXJksds5tRAic

3. Good Uncle

This is a relatively new app that has FREE delivery and no minimum. You just have to go to the closest Good Uncle van to pick up your food and there are multiple locations around campus so the walk is never too far! Also be sure to be invited by a friend to get free credit to go toward a meal.

4. Marathon Deli

Pocket Points should be your go-to app for deals around campus! With a purchase of a gyro or sub, you can get free fries and drink at Marathon Deli through the Pocket Points app. Just be sure to open the app while you’re in class so you can start collecting points.

5. Papa Johns

I hope that no one is paying full price for their pizzas at Papa Johns! Just make sure to ask for their student special, which will get you any large pizza for $7.99 if you bring your student ID. There are also always coupon codes that range from 15 to 25 percent off your online order, and you can always pick it up in the store, which is right off campus in front of Landmark. If you’re having trouble finding coupon codes, be sure to check out Unidays, which just started offering coupon codes for Papa Johns among many other stores such as PacSun, Nasty Gal, and Urban Outfitters!

Jennifer is a sophomore Bioengineering major at the University of Maryland. Her passion for writing comes from her Apu (which means grandfather in her native tongue of Mizo), who is a published Mizo author. Jennifer feels most connected with her Apu when she is writing. She hopes her pieces will give others as much solace as writing gives her. When she's not distressingly trying to understand thermodynamics at McKeldin Library or admiring the cutting-edge labs in UMD's new A. James Clark Bioengineering building, you'll often find that she has gone home to her parents with a basket full of laundry and an empty stomach (and sometimes wallet).