Adorable Holiday Gifts that People Will Actually Use

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

In the final homestretch of the semester, the holidays can seem to sneak up on us during the busiest time of the year. On top of school, making time to find the right gifts for friends and loved ones can be hard work on its own. 

Gift giving in college can often fall to the bottom of the to-do list as finals approach, but gifting something to a friend or family member doesn’t always have to be a lengthy or expensive process. Any of these gift ideas under $25 are both time and budget friendly options to give and receive as a college student.

1. Lush “Happy Happy” Gift Set ($22) 

If you’re looking for a pre-prepared gift that’s still unique and useful, a self-care or spa day gift set from Lush is a great choice! Gift sets make it easy to try new things and can be a helpful option for any last minute holiday shopping.  

1. Photo String Lights ($11)

If you’re shopping for a friend on campus, room decor such as fairy lights or wall-hangings are a thoughtful way to help brighten up their space. These photo string lights from Amazon gifted alongside some of your favorite photos with your bestie make an adorable and personal gift package.

1.  Glossier Cloud Paint ($20) 

While the packaging for this cream blush looks small for its price, Glossier’s Cloud Paint packs a punch and is extremely long lasting. If you have a loved one with a minimalist, natural makeup style, a product from Glossier is the perfect addition to their collection. 

1. Chamberlain Coffee Variety Box ($16) 

If you know any coffee lovers, Chamberlain Coffee’s Variety Box of single-serve cold brew bags might be their match made in heaven. This box can be bought as a one-time purchase, or if they really love it, as a subscription. For the tea and matcha lovers, Chamberlain Coffee offers their Gentle Hummingbird Chai and Matcha Green Tea Powders.

1. Statement Earrings (Kikay $15-25)

For the fashionable and bold, a pair of statement earrings is the finishing touch of every outfit. Kikay has something to offer for every price range from studs to intricate designs. If you have a slightly bigger budget, a matching earring stand makes a cute gift bundle!

1. Thrifted Personal Wardrobe

Another personal and affordable gift option for someone who loves secondhand and sustainable clothing options is to put together a unique thrifted wardrobe to add to their closet. Going to thrift stores, flea markets or consignment shops over the course of a few weeks to shop for your loved one is an extremely thoughtful way to give a gift this holiday season. Whether you find enough pieces for an entire outfit or only a few accessories, thrifting for the purpose of gift giving is both an ethical and meaningful way to show someone you care for them.

Skylar Drew

Maryland '25

Junior journalism major at University of Maryland, College Park. Copy Editor