This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

For college students, the holiday season is more than just the time to get in the spirit; it means time for finals, travel plans and lots of stress. On top of all this, it can be overwhelming to also find the perfect gift for all the special people in your life. Books can be an easy and affordable way to show friends and family you’re thinking of them this holiday season. Here is a book gift guide of some of the best-selling books of this year, along with links to the lowest prices!

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins, Amazon, $15.29

The newest addition to the Hunger Games series, this exciting prequel follows a young Coriolanus Snow determined to prove himself and save his fading bloodline. Given the task of mentoring the female tribute from District 12, he is forced to care for her as the fate of both his life and hers hangs in the balance. 

Bright Young Women by Jessica Knoll, Barnes & Noble, $25.19

This new novel delves into womanhood and survival in a way readers have never seen before, examining two women connected to Ted Bundy’s murders and exploring their search for justice. This novel seeks justice for two women that were set aside and overshadowed, shedding a new light on an already complex story. 

The Rachel Incident by Caroline O’Donoghue, Barnes & Noble, $23.80 

A harrowing story of friendship and unrequited love, this novel explores how complex entanglements can follow us through the rest of our lives, this novel is an exploration into relationships formed in the transformative period of our early 20’s. 

The Bee Sting by Paul Murray, Target, $21.49

This novel answers the question: how far into the past does one family have to go to change their fate, or was their future always inevitable? Murray paints a descriptive  portrait of a struggling family in Ireland and “the struggle to be good at the end of the world.” 

Dirty Thirty by Janet Evanovich, Barnes & Noble, $18.99

Stephanie Plum, Trenton’s most underrated bounty hunter, is assigned an out of the ordinary task. Accompanied by her best friend Lulu and her boyfriend’s orange dog Bob, she  embarks on a journey to recover stolen dirty diamonds. 

Funny You Should Ask by Elissa Sussman, Amazon, $9.31

Journalist Chani Horowitz interviews Hollywood heartthrob Gabe Parker, ultimately spending a whirlwind weekend together. Alternating between Horowitz and Parker’s first meeting and their reunion ten years later, this novel is an invigorating story of love now and then. 

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owen, Amazon, $14.67

Kya Clark is Barkley Cove’s “Marsh Girl,” a young girl abandoned by her family and forced to survive alone in the North Caroline marsh. When a man is murdered, locals immediately assume Kya is to blame. A heart wrenching coming-of-age story of a trial and possible murder, reminds readers that we are forever shaped by where we come from. 

The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Target, $8.24

Avery Grambs has big plans for her future, but her luck changes when billionaire Tobias Hawthorne dies and leaves her virtually his entire fortune. As Avery is forced to navigate Tobias’ complex games, The Inheritance Games is an impossible to put down novel of high stakes and perilous hidden secrets. 

From one stressed-out college student to another, I hope you are able to find the time to relax and spend time with your loved ones this season! Happy reading!

Julia Cicero

Maryland '24

Julia Cicero is a junior majoring in Government and Politics with a minor in Nonprofit Leadership at the University of Maryland. She is the events and marketing director for Her Campus at Maryland.