This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The pressure to follow the latest trends can be intense. High fashion on the runway can also be an intimidating look to recreate for a college student. It’s hard to pull off furry shoes or long gloves on a Wednesday at McKeldin.

Here are seven, campus-friendly trends from Elle’s Complete Fall 2015 Trend Guide you can start wearing NOW.

1. The groutfit lives on
Full on grey suits were shown all over the runway. Elle describes an all grey outfit as the chicest thing you can do. While a suit maybe too much for class, pairing traditional grey separates for a stylish look is totally doable, even for an 8 a.m. class.
  1. Raising the waist
    Here is some good news! High-waisted pants are still a thing. This is something you probably already own and can continue to rock.  Check out my favorite high-waisted jeans from Urban Outfitters.

1. Hike it up

Don’t be afraid to show some skin and slide on that mini skirt. Whether or not you go for an A-line skirt or something more fitted remember to keep the length at a minimum. 

1. Cold shoulder…elbow and forearm

Although this might be hard to pull off during the day, a one-shoulder dress, long sleeve on one side and sleeveless on the other, is a cool way to spice up your night.

1. Checkerboard chick
Classic plaid is a staple that does not seem to go away. Reinvent your game day flannel for a more polished look.
  1. Over the knee boots
Your favorite fashion blogger may already be showing off their sky-high boots this season. Don’t let the time commitment of lacing these suckers up deter you from joining in on the fun; many pairs of these sexy shoes are equipped with zippers on the side.
  1. Nutty nylons
Pair the number three trend with a patterned pair of tights. An intricate pair of stockings can instantly kick a simple style into high gear.
Hey! My name is Jenna and I am a junior journalism major and art history minor at the University of Maryland. I am from New Jersey and love all things fashion and beauty. Find out more about me and see more of my writing on my blog http://jennariquelle.wordpress.com/