This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Music can be a great stress reliever for college students, and jamming out to your favorite singer at a concert can literally be a spiritual experience. Luckily, the University of Maryland is surrounded by concert venues, and many artists are coming this spring to perform: 

Giphy.com

1. April 2: Muse

The three-member English rock band will be performing at Capital One Arena. The show starts at 7:30 p.m., and ticket prices start at just $44 on Ticketmaster if you don’t mind the nosebleeds. But if you’re a superfan, there are still some tickets left on the floor. If you live for alternative music, then this the show for you. Plus, it’s not super expensive if you’re OK with sitting in the back of the arena just to giving the band a try.

Forbes.com

2.  April 5: Jess Glynne

This British R&B and pop singer will be performing at Lincoln Theatre in Washington, D.C. The show starts at 8 p.m., and this is a Friday so homework can’t even get in the way of your attendance. She is best known for her feature in “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit. If you’re looking for a concert full of ballads to dance it out with your friends, then this concert would be perfect. This concert is a little pricier starting around $60 because a lot of tickets have been sold already. However, there are more tickets available for her concert in Pennsylvania on April 6 if you can get the transportation.

Rolling Stone

3. April 8 and 9: Alec Benjamin

American singer Benjamin from Phoenix will be performing at U Street Music Hall in Washington, D.C. The show starts at 7 p.m. both nights. There are a few tickets left, but the lowest prices start around $50. He’s best known for his songs “1994” and “Let Me Down Slowly.”  If you want to get in your feels, then this is the concert for you.

alecbenjamin.com

4. April 13: Olivia O’Brien

If you’re a fan of this singer and songwriter, then this concert is a steal. The “I Hate U, I Love U” singer is performing at Union Stage. The concert starts at 6:30 p.m. The best part is the tickets are only $20. Even if you aren’t a die-hard fan, the tickets are very affordable, and you just might discover a new artist you love.

PopSugar

5. April 18 and 19: Kenny Chesney

The esteemed country singer will be performing twice in Washington, D.C., at the Anthem. The concerts start at 7 p.m. The tickets are somewhat expensive, starting around $100 each. However, if you live and breathe country music, then just consider an investment to your happiness.

tasteofcountry.com

6. May 2: Maren Morris

The country and pop singer is performing at The Anthem in Washington, D.C. The show starts at 7 p.m. These tickets are relatively cheap ranging from $35 to $199. Morris just received the Song of the Year award from iHeartRadio for her collaboration with Zedd and Grey on “The Middle.” Her music is very feel-good and is perfect to enjoy with your friends.

Grammy.com

Megan Sayles

Maryland '21

Megan is a sophomore at UMD. She is a multi-platform journalism major, and is hoping to pursue social media managing in that field. Meg loves playing piano and boating. Her favorite quote is, "You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy," by C. JoyBell C.
Ambriah Underwood is an avid reader and writer. In 2016, she graduated from Baltimore City College high school becoming an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme recipient. She attends the University of Maryland as a senior, pursuing a degree in journalism with a minor in Spanish. During the spring of 2018, she copyedited news, opinion and diversion sections for an on-campus, student-run publication known as The Diamondback. After spending a year writing for Her Campus Maryland, and, later, functioning as an editor as well, she became co-Campus Correspondent. She plans to further her involvement with the group as well as gain more editorial experience through internships and by continuing her passion for storytelling. Ambriah Underwood resides in Washington County, Maryland.