This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It’s Friday morning and you’re looking through your closet, but you can’t find anything to wear. It seems like you’ve worn all your outfits a million times and nothing is speaking to you today. But then you see your favorite little black dress. That one LBD can be worn at five different ways to always make it feel fresh. Here’s how!

Going to Class

It’s a beautiful spring day and you’re heading to class so throw a light denim shirt over your dress and pair that with your Sperry’s for a comfy walk to class. Grab your backpack and you’re ready to go!

Lunch with the Family

You’re done with classes for the day and your mom says that your family is stopping by to take you out to lunch at Busboys and Poets, so you want to dress up a little bit. Keep on your LBD and add a statement necklace and some bracelets to match. Pair that with your gladiator sandals for your midday family outing.

Out with Friends

After lunch with the fam, you have three options for the evening: going out with friends, an evening in Georgetown with the girls or a date night. Any activity you choose allows you to keep on that cute LBD! If you decide to go out with your friends, go for an edgier look with a leather jacket and combat boots. Layers are good incase it gets colder at night and the boots should be good for walking because you never know where the night will take you!

Ladies Night on the Town

If you’re feeling up for an evening of shopping and good food in Georgetown, grab a colored scarf. The bright color will pop off the black background and it will feel springy too! If you’re not in the mood for big heels, choose the booties with a tiny heel instead. Put on big smile with your cute outfit, perfect for Instagrams with the ladies!

Date Night

Finally, if you’re lucky enough to have a hot date on a Friday night, go for the wedges. Your calves will look amazing in the ultimate spring shoe and you’ll look slimming if you add a colored skinny belt around your waist. Pack some gum and extra lip-gloss in your purse so you’re prepared for that goodnight kiss!

Next time you’re struggling to find something to wear, remember the power and versatility of the little black dress!