5 Ways to Rock Maryland Spirit Wear During Cold Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Where did the semester go?

It’s hard to believe that it’s already November and that it’s starting to get pretty cold outside.

It’s easy to throw on a Maryland T-shirt and shorts to hang out with friends or cheer on the football team, and it’s just as easy to look cute. But even as temperatures start to drop, showing your school spirit around campus isn’t that difficult. Here are five key pieces to invest in that will keep you warm and show off your Terp pride.

1. Bomber Jacket

This trend is making a comeback, and it’s a great alternative to a simple pullover or zip-up jacket. The mixture of red and black makes the jacket more interesting, along with the logo of Testudo on the chest of the jacket. This jacket is the perfect outer layer to keep you warm on the colder days in College Park.

2. A Cozy Maryland Flag Scarf

For those of us who weren’t fortunate enough to get one at the soccer games, investing in a Terrapins scarf is definitely worth it (even if it isn’t for free). It’s easy to stay bundled up when it gets cold, and if things warm up a little, it’s just as easy to take off.

3. Pompom Hat

These hats are practically blankets for your head! They could not get any cozier, and it takes no effort whatsoever to look good in them. This item is such an easy way to wear school spirit while protecting your head and ears from a cold, fall breeze (because we all know miserable that can be if you don’t have proper headgear on).

4. Jogging Sweats

Activewear is super popular, and not just for working out. While you probably have a million and one pairs of leggings in your closet, what about adding in some super comfy jogger pants, available at the bookstore, to keep you warm with that fleece lining while cheering on the Terps or heading to class. 

5. Spirit Jersey

They’re comfy and cute and look good on any body shape or size, and you can wear them with any pair of jeans or leggings and boots. When it’s super cold outside, gathering the motivation to get dressed up is almost impossible, but spirit jerseys make it super easy to be comfortable and still look put-together. My sister and I often get caught wearing ours at the same time because we love them so much!

Embrace the cold and don’t be afraid to still represent the university!