This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The end of the year is a rollercoaster of emotions. It’s exciting because summer finally arrives, but also sad because you have to leave your friends and you’re one year closer to having to leave CP! This mix of emotions is augmented by the stress of moving out. However, moving out doesn’t need to be overwhelming! Here are 5 tips that will keep you calm and collected as you move out (in just two short weeks)!

1. Start Early

For in-state students, I recommend bringing things home throughout the year. If you bring your winter clothes home during spring, you will have less to do when everyone else is moving out. This will relieve a lot of pressure at the end of the year. For out-of-state students, I would recommend packing a suitcase of things you want to bring home for the summer before you start the process of moving out. This way, you will only have to deal with the things you have to put in the storage locker instead of creating a ridiculous amount of piles of clothes when it’s time to move out.

1. Stay Organized

It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff you have accumulated throughout the year. It helps to stay organized so you know where everything is. This also helps prevent panic attacks when you think you lost your favorite shoes or crop top! To help me stay organized, I pack of boxes of things that go together. All my going out clothes go in one box, my winter sweaters in another, and so on. This helps me from losing things and makes it easier to move in to my new place the next year.

1. Get help

Moving out of your place is no easy task, especially for us girls who have a lot of clothes! Don’t be afraid to ask your friends or family to help a little. You might need a helping hand to carry something heavy, or just to delegate tasks. One person can sort out your clothes while the other packs them in boxes. This way, moving out will get done much faster and may even be fun!

1. Stay calm

If you’re like me, moving out can sometimes be even more stressful than finals! You may be a neat freak, so seeing all your clothes laid out on the floor really freaks you out. Or, you may have a little OCD and can’t imagine another person organizing your things. Trust me, we have all been there. Staying calm will make the process less agonizing and more effective. If you need a break from the madness, just take a minute to breath before heading back in your room. You can do this!

1. Be patient

Moving out may take longer than expected. It’s important to stay patient and be efficient. You may be in a rush to get out since you just finished the school year, but you have to remember that you lived in this place for a whole year. There are a lot of memories, clothes, and other necessities in your room that are being moved out. Handle them with care because it will make moving in next semester that much easier.