5 Sexy Halloween Costumes from Items You Already Own

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The pin up girl costume is the epitome of sexy and unique. To achieve this look you’ll need your favorite pair of colored high-waisted shorts. You’ll also need a simple bustier or crop top of a different color from your high waisted shorts. If you don’t have a bustier or crop top you can take a basic button up shirt and tie it so that it’s right above your belly button. Put on a pair of sexy black heels and flaming red lipstick and people will be mistaking you for Dita Von Teese all night long.

She’s not just a little girl costume, trust me, you can make Minnie Mouse very sexy. That black body-con skirt that you have sitting in your closet is a must for this costume. Pair it with a plain red tank top or crop top and presto, you’ve got the basics down. The finishing touch comes from those Minnie-Mouse ears you begged your parents to get you on your last trip to Disney World. Put those together and within seconds you have the perfect combination of cute and sexy.

Relax. You’re not going to have to go digging up your brother’s old shoulder pads for this one. Just put on your favorite team jersey and tie it up in the back so that you can see some of those sexy abs you’ve been working on. Next put on your choice of Soffe shorts (or just a pair of spandex if you’re feeling bold) and roll them up just a tad to show off those legs. Lastly, find a pair of white tube socks and your look is complete.

You can never go wrong with Audrey Hepburn. For this costume you’re going to need your favorite little black dress. You may have to go out and buy a tiny tiara from the nearest costume store, but it won’t cost you too much. If you have a set of pearls toss those on and you’re good to go. If not, ask your mom! If she doesn’t trust you enough with her precious jewelry, well, there are fake pearls selling for cheap at that costume store too.

Skip the cape and the strange foreign accent and channel your inner Elena Gilbert or Rosalie Hale. Vampires don’t always have to be scary. As pop culture has recently proven, they can ooze sexy. For this costume you’ll need a full on black-fit (all black outfit). Don that black body-con dress and your faux-leather jacket (or something of a similar effect). Cut some holes in a pair of old black tights to give you a slightly creepier look if that’s what you’re going for. You might have to get some cheap fangs from a costume store but they shouldn’t cost too much.

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.