5 Maryland Concerts You Have to Catch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

As the weeks progress, it’s finally settling in: school has officially started. Tests are approaching quickly and grades are coming in fast. With this realization, our stress levels tend to skyrocket. For some people, working out is the way they relieve stress. For some, it could be eating. And for others, it’s going to concerts! Here is a list of concerts super close to College Park, so balancing school work and social life can get a little bit easier.

Alessia Cara

Alessia Cara is coming to the Fillmore September 29. You may know her most popular song, “Here,” along with other songs such as “Scars to Your Beautiful” or “I’m Yours.” FYI: I saw her this summer at Lollapalooza, and she is absolutely amazing live. This concert is a must-see with all of your girlfriends!

Zeds Dead

This is your chance to redeem yourself if you didn’t get tickets to see them last year. Zeds Dead will be at Echostage September 30. If you’re into house music, you can’t miss this concert. I went to see them at UMD last year, and it was crazy. They are definitely worth seeing!

Bastille

Venture to the 9:30 Club in D.C. to hear Bastille play October 2. Most of us know their most popular song “Pompeii.” If you’re into indie pop, this is the concert for you. Located in the nation’s capital, it will be a nice break from College Park if you’re feeling a little stressed out. Plus, they have four bars, so what really could go wrong?

Jeremih

Jeremih is coming to the Fillmore October 2. Personally, I love throwbacks such as “Birthday Sex” and “I Like.” But newest hits, such as “Don’t Tell ‘Em” and “Planez,” are pretty great, too. Definitely go to this concert with your significant other, because this concert is going to get HOT.

Rae Sremmurd

I know what you’re probably thinking. Aren’t they in jail? No, they aren’t! They are coming to the Fillmore October 8, and you can bet that they are going to play the one (and only) song you know, “No Type.” I don’t know about you, but I would go just to hear them perform my favorite record while I scream every word.