The 5 Kinds of Outfits Maryland Girls Wear to Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

What’s your go-to outfit when you’re out and about on campus?  Everyone has a different style, especially at such a huge school! But, walking around campus, it’s easy to notice that we tend to stick to some similar layouts for our outfits here at Maryland.

What outfits do you see most on a UMD girl?  Jeans and a T-shirt? Or is it leggings and sneakers? How about all out UMD gear? These are some of the most common looks walking around our campus this fall on real UMD girls! 

1. Keeping It Classy

Rachael, Senior

If your go-to look is riding boots and a sweater, you’ve got classic down pat. Dark wash jeans and cable knit sweaters will be your BFF this fall. Throw on a vest and blanket scarf on a cool fall day to keep you warm in this changing Maryland weather.

2.   Athleisure Goals

Ari, Junior

Are leggings, sneakers, and a yoga top your favorite combination? If you plan to head to the gym after class, the athleisure look is perfect for you! Don’t forget dry shampoo and extra deodorant so you can keep your look going all day.  Throw on a sweater, grab a coffee, and no fall chill can keep you down!

1. Trendy and Fierce

Sofia, Junior

Forget Keeping up with the Kardashians! Everyone on campus has to keep up with you. Booties and a fur vest are one of your many looks this season. Mixing textures is all the rage this fall, so don’t forget to pick up a leather or suede skirt and pair it with high boots or tights. Everyone’s favorite color this season is oxblood, try a subtle nail polish like Essie’s Bordeaux, or go bold with a lip color like Diva by MAC Cosmetics.

1. Casual and Comfortable

Alessandra, Sophomore

Jeans and a T-shirt are all you need in your wardrobe. Any day of the week or time of the year all you need is a good old fashioned white tee. Throw on a chunky sweater or a jacket and a pair of comfy chucks and head to class or chill out with your friends. You can wear this outfit anywhere, so you’re always prepared!

1. Terp Pride

Alexis, Sophomore

You’ve got spirit, yes you do, and considering there is at least one Maryland reference on your clothing at all times, you really LOVE Maryland.You are at every game you could practically take over as Testudo! Whether you have Maryland flag socks or a UMD sweatshirt on, you are very proud to be from Maryland, go to Maryland, or just the state in general!

Everyone’s personal style is different from everyone else’s. You might feel like you fit one of these styles or maybe you’ll want to mix all these looks together! Always remember to add your own flare. This campus can make it easy to blend in, or you can take the opportunity to be remembered!