Style > Beauty

5 Go-To Makeup Products at College Park Target Express

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

For as long as I can remember, I have hated spending insane amounts of money on high-end makeup products. I always thought, why would I spend 50 dollars on a foundation that I could get for 10 dollars at Target? My hatred for spending money on makeup became even stronger when I became a college girl on a budget.

When I ran out of makeup for the first time during my Freshman year, I quickly realized that the Target Express on Route 1 had a limited amount of makeup, and they did not have the products that I was used to using. This led me to find the best makeup products at Target Express to help me fulfill my daily makeup routine. If you are having trouble finding go-to makeup products in College Park, or are just sick of spending money on high-end products, don’t fret, because below is a list of the five best makeup products at the College Park Target Express!

1. e.l.f. Poreless Face Primer-$5.69

Photo: Target.com

This primer is perfect for everyday wear, especially if you have big pores or oily skin. Before applying your foundation, apply a pea-sized amount of this primer to your face as a base. It will fill in your pores and give you a clean canvas to work with. This primer is also great for making foundation last instead of your face looking like a mask that slowly melts off throughout day. It is truly a must-have for your day-to-day makeup bag.

2. Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation-$7.99

Photo: Target.com

Foundations can be tricky. You don’t want to look like your wearing 10 pounds of makeup, but if a foundation is too sheer, it can come off pretty much the second after you put it on. This foundation is the perfect compromise. It is lightweight but also full coverage, so it is great for a full day of classes or a night out. I’ve jumped in the pool with this foundation on a time or two, and when I come out, it looks untouched. Trust me. Once this foundation is on, it ain’t coming off. I’ve also discovered that this foundation is transfer resistant, so if you go to hug your crush while wearing it, you won’t have to worry about getting orange on the shoulder of their shirt!

3. L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara-$8.39

Photo: Target.com

This next product is my holy-grail mascara. Without mascara, my eyelashes are pretty much non-existent, but this mascara plumps and pushes those bad boys up to the sky. The thin, flexible brush will allow you to give love to every little lash while also making them appear thicker. This mascara is pretty sweat proof for a mascara that is not waterproof, so feel free to bust out some cardio at the gym while wearing it…or maybe take a nap instead. For the best effect, apply one coat, let it dry and then apply another quick coat.

4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream-$3.29-$6.49

Photo: Target.com

This lip cream will be perfect for you if you’re the type of person who hates reapplying a lip product throughout the day. This product dries to a matte, semi-dry finish, and you’ll only have to apply it once in the morning for it to last all day. Because it is not a liquid lipstick, it also won’t leave your lips feeling dry and cracked For everyday wear, try the shade “Stockholm” (pictured above). It is the perfect pinky nude shade and looks great with a lip liner that is one shade darker. Tip: If you want to make your lips appear bigger, use a lip liner that is a little darker than your main lip shade. Blend the lip liner into the actual shade with your finger, so that the line is not too harsh, and then apply a small amount of highlighter to your cupid’s bow (the curve above your upper lip).

5. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer– $5.29

Photo: Target.com

Yes, I saved the best for last. This is my absolute favorite drugstore makeup product sold at Target Express that keeps my pimples locked away. This concealer is great whether you are using it to cover under eye bags, highlight the high points of your face or cover up some blemishes. For highlighting, use a shade that is a few shades lighter than your skin tone. If you are using it for blemishes, use a shade that is a good match for your foundation. This creamy concealer will give you flawless coverage, and you won’t have to worry about it creasing underneath your eyes throughout the day.

Ally Regan

Maryland '20

Ally is currently a Junior at the University of Maryland, and she is majoring in Communication on the Public Relations track. She loves singing, dancing, acting, fashion and playing around with new makeup/hair products. Honey mustard also holds a special place in her heart. In her spare time, you can catch her spending time with friends, taking naps and spending way too much money on coffee and food.