5 Fun Things To Do If You Are Still A Kid At Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

As we grow older, things change. Even we change. It’s inevitable. We mature and move on to bigger, better things.

However, there are some instances in which we force ourselves to grow up too fast. We move on so quickly that we almost forget what it was like to be a kid until something comes along that reminds us of our childhoods (Admit it, nothing beats that feeling you get when your favorite song from middle school comes on). 

Here are five things to do that will make you feel like a kid again!

1. Have a night dedicated to your childhood.

Invite some of your friends over. Watch some of your favorite childhood movies. Disney Channel movies are always great! Listen to music. Eat some throwback snacks and just reminisce about the “good ol’ days.”

2. Go to a toy store.

Find a toy store and let your childhood self go crazy! There are plenty of toy stores around Maryland, such as Lost In Time Toy Store, Toys“R”Us and the Disney Store.

3. Go to an amusement park or carnival.

Find a carnival or amusement park near you. Eat some cotton candy or funnel cake, go on rides and maybe even win a large stuffed animal from one of those extremely difficult game machines. 

4. Go to the circus, the zoo, the aquarium or just anywhere you went to as a child.

Visit places you remember going to as a child! See if you get the same feeling you had back then when you revisit these places. Do you still get excited when you see the dolphins? Or are you preoccupied with midterms and projects?

5. Go to a playground or do some crafts.

Visit a playground and get on the swings! Or, walk around and remember everything you liked to do as a kid; what your favorite part about recess was back in middle school. Try making crafts, too. Think about some of the projects you had to do in kindergarten or the first grade. Try them out again, or do some more advanced crafts that you can show off to all of your friends later.

Hello! My name is Taylor Markey, and I am a sophomore multiplatform journalism major at the University of Maryland. I am obsessed with all things Disney and have a passion for editing. I do not really have an idea of what type of career in journalism I would like to have in the future, but I love fun articles and entertainment articles that allow people to have some sort of “escape” from the real world/all of the negative things going on.