3 Amazing Recipes Made with Leftover Halloween Candy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It’s that time again; pumpkins, haunted houses, apple cider and HALLOWEEN! If you’re like me, this is one of your favorite holidays because it satisfies that sweet tooth you try to suppress all year! However, you may have extra candy that your stomach just doesn’t have room for. Don’t worry about wasting any of it this year. Here are 3 recipes that transform your leftover Halloween candy into delicious treats.

1. Peppermint Patty Brownies

These brownies are perfect for the peppermint patty lover. They are easy to make, especially if you are a college student with limited resources. This recipe calls for a brownie mix instead of making the batter yourself, which makes it realistic for us to bake for our post Halloween party! Here’s what you need:

• Canola oil

• 19-ounce box brownie mix

• York miniature peppermint patties (13.6 grams each)

Directions:

1. Oil your 8- inch square pan and prepare the batter like it tells you on the box.

2. Spread half the batter in the pan and sprinkle the peppermint patties on top

3. Spread the remaining batter on top and bake according to batter directions. This will make about 16 brownies! Enjoy!

2. Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Banana Pops

For those of you trying to be healthy, this is the recipe for you. It’s a great twist on the classic chocolate frozen banana. Not only is it sweet, but it has a crunch as well. This is what you will need:

• Bananas, peeled and halved crosswise

• Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (21 grams each)

• Ounces chocolate, chopped

Directions:

1. Insert a wooden stick into each banana half. Freeze the bananas and the peanut butter cups for 2 hours.

2. Heat the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until it’s smooth.

3. Chop the frozen peanut butter cups. Line plate with parchment.

4. Coat frozen bananas in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups. Freeze on plate for around 4 to 5 minutes.

3. Butterfinger Fudge

Butterfingers are often left behind in terms of favorite Halloween candy. This is a chance to use them in a great recipe that is both sweet and melts in your mouth. It’s soft and chewy but still tastes like a Butterfinger! These are your ingredients:

• 3 cups of Candy Corn

• 1 cup of peanut butter

• 1 can sweetened condensed milk

• 2 cups white chocolate chips

• 1 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:   

1. Line a pan with foil and spray cooking spray.

2. Add candy corn and peanut butter to a medium saucepan and heat. Stir frequently. Add sweetened condensed milk, stir, and cook for another 3 minutes. Add white chocolate chips and stir until melted.

3. Spread evenly and let it cool for 15 minutes. Chill until it is hard and cut in squares

4. You can dip the fudge in milk chocolate. Melt chocolate chips and dip the bottoms into the chocolate

These recipes are fun and easy. They are a great way to use up your candy in the most delicious ways possible. Host a post Halloween party and enjoy these recipes with your friends!