10 Ways to Think Pink During Breast Cancer Awareness Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

In October, you may find yourself looking for ways to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness month. There are, of course, some big ways to contribute to the cause, but if you find yourself wanting to show your support in an everyday setting here are some fun and creative ideas. Share with your friends and loved ones, and especially those who hold support to end this disease in a special place in their hearts.

1. Wear pink! – Try out these cute ideas from Pinterest.

2. House lights – your outdoor string lights don’t need to wait until the holiday season, ‘tis the season for pink.  Or try a pink spotlight like the Greek houses on our Fraternity Row.

3. Route One Apparel – the website has some great breast cancer awareness apparel that is kept consistent with its usual Maryland-themed attire.

4. Pink ribbon – go with the very common folded pink ribbon pin or go big with something like this oversized hair bow.

5. Donate to/ buy apparel from the Stand Up to Cancer website.

6. Participate in a breast cancer walk, run or event – Susan G. Komen 3-Day. Revlon Run, The National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer, Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

7. Fundraise – Sell baked goods yum!

8. Decorate – celebrate Halloween and Breast Cancer Awareness month simultaneously.

9. Spread awareness with the NFL and check out their breast cancer awareness gear.

10. Spread the word – set up a table or booth and educate others on breast cancer.

**** Please note: several pictures displayed within this article were taken from Pinterest.