10 Movies Worth Staying In For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It is the start of spring semester, which means you have been stuck at home for a month doing nothing but binge watching Netflix and saying ‘tomorrow will be the day I go the gym’…every day.

Now you are back at school with all of your friends and ready to reunite with sweaty basements and college bars, but the beginning of spring semester means it’s also February. Going out sounds great, but a backless top and 30 degrees might have you thinking twice. Not even a beer coat can fix that. Some nights it’s okay to stay in.

Here are 10 Movies worth staying in for when the weather seems too daunting:

1. The Notebook (2004), because Ryan Gosling is way better than who ever you were going to meet tonight.

2. The Devil Wears Prada (2006), because if you watch it enough times you just might become Andy Sachs. Post makeover of course.

3. Inception (2010), because one more time watching it is one step closer to actually understanding it.

4. Hair Spray (2007), because movie musicals can turn a bad day good in one 8 count. 

5. Transformers (2007), because if you watch it while reading Shia LaBeouf’s tweets you will never laugh harder in your life.

6. Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005), because it is the blueprint to a successful marriage, right?

7. Something Borrowed (2011), because it reminds us to go after what we want, even if it’s our best friend’s fiancé.  

8. The Help (2011), because it helps us remember that friendship has no bounds.

9. Batman Begins (2005), because we all can appreciate the allure of a masked man.

10. The Breakfast Club (1985), because no list is complete without it.

Hey! My name is Jenna and I am a junior journalism major and art history minor at the University of Maryland. I am from New Jersey and love all things fashion and beauty. Find out more about me and see more of my writing on my blog http://jennariquelle.wordpress.com/