Spring Break Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

It’s that wonderful time of year again; the second best (next to the entirety of summer) week of our lives: Spring Break! Or as James Franco would say, “SPRANGG BRAKEEE FOEVAAA” (a reference to Spring Breakers incase you never saw that movie). I agree Franco, I agree.

In preparation to getting spring break started, the wonderful Her Campus HQ sent us one of our favorite boxes, the Spring Break Survival Kit! This kit is EXCELLENT. It provides so many things that are sure to make a great Spring Break.

In our kit this year, we received basically everything we need to survive spring break. Here are just a few of the items we received:

Sunglasses and Koozies

What else do you need while sitting on the beach over spring break? The answer is nothing (okay, well maybe some sunscreen). We love this duo of pink and bows!

Not Your Mother’s Shampoo and Conditioner

This Clean Freak shampoo and conditioner from Not Your Mother’s is sure to leave your hair feeling completely clean of all the gunk we put in it everyday. The exact description for this shampoo is as follows: A shampoo that’s good for you, your hair and the environment… that’s what you want? Then get to squeezin’ because Clean Freak was made with you and Mother Nature in mind.  This eco-friendly formula will cleanse hair without using harsh chemicals (no sulfates, silicones, parabens or dyes!).  It’s biodegradable so it won’t clog your pipes (or your pores)! Infused with wild water mint extracts to revitalize stressed out hair and raspberry extracts to moisturize and soothe, you and your hair will be singing kumbaya as soon as you step out of the shower.

What more could you want?

Campus Safety Pepper Gel

Sabre decided the most important thing to be included in the survival kit was their Campus Safety Pepper Gel. This is equivalent to pepper spray and will fit easily on your key chain to give you easy access in case of an emergency. Stay safe on campus all year, and carry it with you on Spring Break!

Not pictured in this blog are tasty Luna bars, the books Dirty Rush and The Intern’s Handbook, and lastly, mini wax kits. We are ready for Spring Break now and can’t wait to get you readers ready, too!

Mallory Norton is a business management major at Marshall University. She is the co-founder of Her Campus Marshall. She enjoys horse back riding, brownies, and her beautiful city of Huntington.