This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

Spring has (almost) sprung up from the seemingly never ending piles of snow! With the promise of sunshine and 50 degree weather, many of us are itching to be outdoors. The glow of summer has long since faded from our faces, but in hopes of no more snow, Her Campus is here to bring information on how to look like you’ve been sun kissed all winter long.

Not every bronzer will suit everyone’s skin tone, and it is important to remember this. Fairer skin tones will benefit from peachy/gold tones while darker toned beauties are suited more towards terracotta colors.

For fair skin tones, Allure magazine recommends products such as Tarte’s Park Avenue Princess, or Perricone MD No Bronzer Bronzer in NO. 1.

Medium skin tones want to avoid looking muddy to achieve a natural glow with products that have a yellow undertone such as Bobbi Brown Natural Powder in Natural, or Giorgio Armani’s Maestro Liquid Summer in 100.

Dark skin tones are able to pull off deeper, more pigmented shades of bronzer such as The Balm’s Bahama Mama Bronzer, or Revlon Photo Ready Skinlights Illuminator in Beach Bronze.

No matter your skin tone, there are a few rules of thumb with bronzer. Firstly, a big fluffy brush is nice for blending powder bronzers to achieve a natural finish. Second, if the bronzer has a matte finish the “3” rule should be applied. Beginning with your temple, blend down under your cheekbone, then across your jawline, and under the chin following the number 3. If the bronzer has shimmer in it, apply around the temple, across the cheekbones, and down the bridge of your nose to mimic where the sun would naturally hit the face. 

Rachel is a biology major at Marshall University. She likes red lipstick and drinks a minimum of 3 cups of coffee a day.