Introducing: Symaron Neal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

Meet Symaron Neal, your Campus Celebrity this week! Symaron is a 20 year old senior who keeps himself busy around campus. He is a founder and president of Kappa Sigma fraternity at Marshall University, and likes to spend some of his free time with his brothers and his wife. Symaron plans to go onto med school, and hopefully work in the pediatric field. If you aren’t already impressed by Symaron, just keep reading, because it only gets better!

HC: What major are you studying here at Marshall?

SN: Cell, Molecular, Medical Biology

HC: What made you decide to join Kappa Sigma Fraternity?

SN: I joined to start a new fraternity at Marshall University and build a legacy.

HC: What are some of your responsibilities, and benefits of being a fraternity president?

SN: Being in the largest, most preferred Fraternity in the world entails that I will develop a huge network of like-minded professionals that all believe in a greater cause. Being the president of the Founding Father Colony of this fraternity has a lot to bear such as stress of the men looking up to a strong leader to lead through the good and bad. Also, my goal as president is to develop strong leaders so that next year I can hand the gavel to another member to continue the legacy.

HC:  What is the hardest thing, for you, about being president?

SN: Always keeping calm and think before reacting to positive and/or negative issues.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

SN: I plan to attend medical school and go into the pediatric field of some type.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

SN: I love to hang out with my brothers and love to go on trips with my wonderful wife.

HC: If you could spend a day with any celebrity, who would it be?

SN: Dr. Ben Carson. To some he might not be considered a celebrity, but to me, he is a great role model to men/women that aspire to become medical doctors. He has a great story of his own life and I would love to learn more about him on the personal level.

Now that you know a little more about Symaron Neal, make sure you give him a friendly wave when you see him around campus, because he’s kind of a big deal. ​

Junior at Marshall University majoring in elementary education. Lover of animals, coffee, and Christmas socks.