Inconveniences are Nothing for Marshall Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

As students begin to fall into regular schedules at the beginning of the new semester, they learn to take on the minor inconveniences of life as a Marshall student. 

A rainbow brings optimism to downtown Huntington and the Joan C. Edwards stadium after a rainy afternoon Saturday before the home opener. But who doesn’t like a little thunder on game day?

The Marshall student section filled the stands despite the downpour to cheer on the Herd as they took on Rhode Island. They were not disappointed, as Marshall dominated the game with a final score of 48-7. 

Another inconvenience: parking. Anyone who has spent even a semester on Marshall’s campus knows how difficult the parking situation can be. To add to the struggle, the walkway beside what will eventually be the new engineering building (which connects one of the most frequently used lots to the rest of campus) has been blocked off for construction. As minor as it is, walking all the way around in either direction is a huge inconvenience, especially when you’re running late. The building itself, however, is pretty impressive. 

Tough as it may be some days, Marshall’s campus can be pretty beautiful. 

Codi Mohr

Marshall

Codi is a senior print journalism major whose one and only interest is pop culture. She is currently working as Executive Editor at Marshall University's student newspaper, The Parthenon. When she's not working with the paper, she can be found fangirling over her latest music/movie obsession, Pentatonix or Beyoncé.