Inaugural Fundie Run Kick’s Off Homecoming Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

Kicking off the beginning of this year’s homecoming festivities was the Fundie Run on Sunday, October 5th, hosted by the Campus Activities Board (CAB).  Marshall’s first Fundie Run, a race where participants donate various items of clothing while running or walking the course, was open to all original student organizations and clubs participating in the Thunder Cup, a weeklong compilation of competitive events during Homecoming for both small and large student organizations that with a point system, rewards the winning organization a trophy and cash prize.  Tri Sigma, Delta Zeta, and the Marshall University Athletic Training Association attended.  With mostly positive responses from the community, Marshall’s Fundie Run hopes to become open to the entire student body next year.

CAB members hosted the inaugural Fundie Run

MU Athletic Training Association 

Participants began their 5K at the recreational center, and although there was a biting wind, the overall atmosphere was pleasant and warming.  Everyone was amped up and ready to go.  At the sound of the horn the MU Athletic Training Association took off, while Sigma Sigma Sigma and Delta Zeta followed shortly behind.  Participants made their way toward 12th street, making a loop around campus, and ending back at the Rec center.  CAB members were stationed at various points on campus to make sure all participants were safely away from traffic.  All clothing donations will benefit the Huntington community. 

Participants began their walk with an upbeat attitude

Rachel is a biology major at Marshall University. She likes red lipstick and drinks a minimum of 3 cups of coffee a day.