Conference Champs: A Big Day for the Herd

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

Marshall football was off to a great start with a so-far undefeated season, until the game against Western Kentucky, where the Herd was unfortunately beat in overtime by only one point. It was a disappointing loss as fans watched the game in agony. This loss, however, did not stop the Thundering Herd this past weekend from defeating Louisiana Tech and becoming the new C-USA champion. The game was at home and fans stood in the freezing rain to watch the game and eventually, tear down the goal post and walk it down 3rd Avenue. LET’S GO HERD!

A man decides that instead of carrying the goal post, he would much rather ride it out of the stadium.

Down the street the goal post goes!

Once the goal post made it to the steel mill, it was sawed to pieces so fans could take home a souvenir from one of the best games they will ever attend.  

Mallory Norton is a business management major at Marshall University. She is the co-founder of Her Campus Marshall. She enjoys horse back riding, brownies, and her beautiful city of Huntington.